Shoot day fines

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What fines do you impose or had imposed on you during a shoot day.

Examples I heard last season. £50 for shooting the white pheasants.

On grouse. Fine for black game multiplied by your peg number.

Are there any others?

£100 for shooting white pheasant and a guest shot it and paid up.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/269291-white-pheasant-fine/?hl=%2Bwhite+%2Bpheasant

December 2013

Edited by reggiegun

Ours was a tenner for shooting Partridge as we bought half a dozen for the landowners Mam as she likes to see them around. The thing is that I think a neighbouring shoot has put down red legs this year which means they may now be on the menu as I doubt we'll shoot them all. Undecided now as I don't think she will be too happy to see partridge hanging up in cooling parlour.

I'm starting to get worried for when I come to yours Paul. You will be fine over hear as long as you don't shoot a turkey :whistling:

No white ones or reeves this year :good: , not had any reeves for a few years, the lad who shot the reeves was fined £150, gave up shooting :oops: . The noise the reeves cock made when flying over was unbelievable, I just could not believe when I seen it flying over and the gun shot it.

We had turkeys once, they don't like flying and eat tonnes of wheat,I said to the guns I want them shooting, so a walking back gun shot one out of the tree, not want I meant :no:. So turkeys no more.

Paul

£10 for no tie

£10 for mobile phone

And any thing else shoot captain can think of

Fines for shooting birds put onto the ground can be a bit controversial the greys and blackcock definite don't shoot

But the white one well if its released to make money for a good cause and a good bird go for it pay up look big and take to the taxidermist

If its been released as a marker and your told not to shoot it or you will be fined then leave it these as I see it are the main reasons for having them anyway bring on the fund raising white one then I can make a fool of myself missing with both barrels

Just my view on it

All the best

Of

What fines do you impose or had imposed on you during a shoot day.

Examples I heard last season. £50 for shooting the white pheasants.

On grouse. Fine for black game multiplied by your peg number.

Are there any others?

There should be no fine for shooting Black grouse. The offender should be sent straight home and never be asked out again.

£1 for shooting at pigeons before game has been shot at and then a series of fines for any minor indiscretion during the day:

- no tie

- tie too bright

- jumper too bright

- car parked where shoot captain normally parks

- forgetting gun or ammo

- dog badly behaved or dog too well behaved putting others to shame

- missing birds/killing too many

- wearing cammo etcetc

All goes to club funds.

£1 for shooting at pigeons before game has been shot at and then a series of fines for any minor indiscretion during the day:

- no tie

- tie too bright

- jumper too bright

- forgetting gun or ammo

- wearing cammo etcetc

All goes to club funds.

Oh yes I could adopt those

- no tie

- tie too bright

- jumper too bright

- forgetting gun or ammo

- wearing cammo etcetc

All goes to club funds.

Think we have the same shoot captain

Ours even fines you for not bringing sweets

All the best

Of

We rear and release 100 white pheasants out of 2000 over our 3 shoots.

Previous years fines have been £20 for shooting one, £20 for shooting at and missing one and £20 if one flies over you and you don't shoot at it..........you cant win.

This year I have tagged them all with numbered tags...................so fines will be variable depending on how much I dislike whoever shoots them. To add a bit of spice there are two £50 jackpot birds on each shoot that will payout if they are shot but only I know what numbers they are!

I deserve a bit of fun because I rear all the birds!

We rear and release 100 white pheasants out of 2000 over our 3 shoots.

Previous years fines have been £20 for shooting one, £20 for shooting at and missing one and £20 if one flies over you and you don't shoot at it..........you cant win.

This year I have tagged them all with numbered tags...................so fines will be variable depending on how much I dislike whoever shoots them. To add a bit of spice there are two £50 jackpot birds on each shoot that will payout if they are shot but only I know what numbers they are!

I deserve a bit of fun because I rear all the birds!

Oh I so like this thread........ the ideas just keep rolling in!

Could somebody please explain to me - in all seriousness - why fining ones guests for the shooting of what I assume is legitimate quarry is seen to be a good thing?

I mean, if a white pheasant is not legal quarry - and I've never heard it isn't - by all means dissuade your Guns from shooting them by fining them (and then report them to the police), but if it is, isn't this just a vindictive way of fleecing more money from guests who have already paid a decent amount to be there?

I mean - if I ever have the money to go on a driven day, it'll be by scrimping and saving all year. To then be told I've suddenly got to find another £100 to pay for a bird I shot in good faith (or possibly by accident if it was silhouetted and I couldn't make out the colour) on the basis of an arbitrary rule just seems vindictive to me.

Sure, if you're the Duke of wherever and £100 is small change, then go right ahead, but I bet there are a lot of people who won't have £100 in their wallets because a good proportion of their money has gone on paying for the day in the first place. I just don't get how this sort of thing is polite or welcoming unless the expectation is that one only has a certain type of guest on one's shoot? Or is that the point - the riffraff can't afford to attend?

It certainly focuses the mind rather than 'blasting' away at every bird that passes over regardless of height, or at some times of the season, maturity or sex

Edit to add by height I mean whether the bird is sporting ie not low

Edited by Paul223