scope mounted lamps

KillStone

Hi guys, I am currently in the market for a good quality lamp, scope mounted as I do most of my lamping alone, for my 22.250 for foxes. Shooting requirements I have are for as clear as possible light out to 200m to shoot by as I don't intend shooting any further than this (my gut says to go for at least a 350m beam to get good clear light at 200m?), it must be scope mounted but easily detachable, decent ( 2-3hours minimum) life on single charge. Any suggestions welcome or experiences good or bad would be really helpful!

Cheers lads

Dan

I had a NM800 turbo kit with a red and also had an IR led in a spare neck.The red was brilliant, I regret selling it, only sold it to fund a less powerfull T20 ir for rimmy distance as the NM800 IR was overkill.I bought 3 T20's 2x IR and a red with 6 batteries ,2 chargers and a doubler with money to spare after selling the NM (not a patch on the NM even with a doubler fitted).Might get one off santa.Some people have a massive dislike for them and taclite.Mine never failed and the service from taclite in my experiance was 1st class.We even stopped using the big lightforce hand held in the 4x4 because the red led was better.

Edited by Davyo

I had a NM800 turbo kit with a red and also had an IR led in a spare neck.The red was brilliant, I regret selling it, only sold it to fund a less powerfull T20 ir for rimmy distance as the NM800 IR was overkill.I bought 3 T20's 2x IR and a red with 6 batteries ,2 chargers and a doubler with money to spare after selling the NM (not a patch on the NM even with a doubler fitted).Might get one off santa.

thanks for the response, seem to be around the 175quid? will keep it in mind and see what others are using. cheers

Still using a 170, looking at these new LEDs but need same performance, seems that may be an issue.

A

that the tracer light?

If you lamp alone then seriously consider night vision instead. I do a lot of foxing and really lamps are so much harder work on your own, I can sit out as long as I like with no battery issues. No one knows you are there and it's so much more effective. Cost is more and at times a lot more but really worth it no more mod glare cables everywhere etc etc. if you really stay lamp then as said the nm800 takes a lot of beating