FAC renewal

kyska

Hmmm, I'm due a meeting with my FEO for my third renewal, in the past it's a been a quick chat, check the cabinet and off we go.

I've moved counties and I'm now to allow up to one and a half hours for 'assessment', checking firearms, ammunition counting to 'ensure I'm still using the rifles enough to justify ownership', this concerns me, I've used 22 .223 since September last year, as were an arable farm and I have no issue with fox, until lambing.

My RF usage is also dictated by the crops being low enough to see rabbit, other than that it's shotgun for the rest of the year.

22 foxes shot during lambing, so your reason is for fox controll during lambing

Rabbit control before /after harvest , there's your reason,

I would just start buying the odd boxes of ammo to put on your ticket every time your in / pass an rfd,

Makes it easier in the long run,

Atb

Flynny

An hour and a half seems like a long time to assess and count ammunition. Maybe they want to look around your land as you've recently moved there?

No, it's the family farm, I've shot there for 15 years.

I did notice though that the letter from firearms now have a new licensing manager, LLB chappy, so he maybe doing new things.

I'm not overly concerned, it's just very different to my past experience, no biggy.

You have demonstrated 'good reason'; that's all you're obliged to do. Don't let anyone intimidate you. The first FEO I ever had any contact with asked me if I would mind lowering my .22 allocation ( I have 1000 max to be possessed) but when I asked him what the problem was he couldn't give me an answer. Some feel duty bound to 'try it on'.

Remember, it's a standard letter, so it's catch all wording is aimed at both ends of the spectrum.

I bet he's gone in 15 minutes!

Thanks for all the replies!

It was pretty much similar to my initial interview years ago!

Just over an hour.

It seems the remit has changed, I believe a new licence manager is in place.

'It seems the remit has changed, I believe a new licence manager is in place.'

How has it changed out of interest?

Glad to hear all is well.

I don't really know, it just felt very prescribed, I have s good relationship, it just seemed very formal, got read my 'rights' at the start of the interview and was asked to sign before starting the process.

I do think however, that it wound me up slightly beforehand!

One strange thing was, I added a .22lr onto my renewal, which I've been told it will go on my licence as 'closed' but my two magnum rf and .223 will still be open!

I don't really know, it just felt very prescribed, I have s good relationship, it just seemed very formal, got read my 'rights' at the start of the interview and was asked to sign before starting the process.

I do think however, that it wound me up slightly beforehand!

One strange thing was, I added a .22lr onto my renewal, which I've been told it will go on my licence as 'closed' but my two magnum rf and .223 will still be open!

Do you mean you were cautioned?

Regards the 'closed' .22lr. Sounds a bit illogical to me bearing mind your other rifles; I'd ask them for the reason and if it doesn't make sense I'd be asking them to change it.

Do you mean you were cautioned?

Regards the 'closed' .22lr. Sounds a bit illogical to me bearing mind your other rifles; I'd ask them for the reason and if it doesn't make sense I'd be asking them to change it.

Not exactly, more a reading of a passage, saying any false info will incriminate me and I'll be duly exterminated type of thing.

I did question the lr, he said if it comes back closed, to contact them, seems odd to even have to do that.

I'm not complaining, it all went ok, just seemed a little more formalised than I've experienced.