North Region CPSA Facebook page

Ian E

Hi guys

just a quick link to the North Region Face book page http://www.facebook.com/CpsaNorth

Hit the Like button to keep up to date with the lasted news..

The North of England, or Northern Region, of the CPSA encompasses the following Counties:

• Cumbria
  • Durham
  • Lancashire
  • Merseyside
  • Northumberland
  • Yorkshire

These six counties combine to form the North of England Region, providing an array of Regional selection shoots enabling representatives from the area to compete in annual National and Inter-County Championships.

The FB pages gets updated more regularly as it's easier to do, and we also have a number of the members of the committee that can post under the NOE banner so to speak.

I would encourage you to join FB just for all the shooting sites, grounds and pages on there is really good.

Not as good as PW of course :P

Will, why do you think I'm always hassling you to get down to the Merseyside shoots :)

Edited by Ian E

Looking forward to my first registered competition on the 12th at Blackpool sporting clays :D

You'll enjoy it. There normally a bit tricky/catch you out rather than outright hard targets.

I find I'm enjoying the registered shoots more, never hit as many as at non registered shoots but like the diversity of targets you tend to get.

Something to test you and some targets never seen before.

Figgy

I believe Andy at Oaklodge puts on a very good shoot figgy, sadly for me it's way to far away for just a normal Sunday shoot.

Your right we do need more registered grounds in the North region, Blackpool has been a very welcome addition and hopefully they will start holding more regular registered comps, they were very happy with the last one and looking forward to the next one on the 12th of Oct.

Andy at Blackpool has promised to soften up the one on the 12th, as the last one was a tuff shoot with 80 being High Gun, nothing silly or outright hard as you say, just a tricky course, that caught a lot of people out.

I will no doubt be doing the scores towards the end of the day, so feel free to come and have a chat. John Rogers the Lanc's rep will also be there, and hopefully our sporting manager will also be attending.

Pretty sure, and by pretty sure I mean I haven't checked, that Old Glossop is in Derbyshire and I'm pretty sure Derbyshire is in the East Midlands region.

Might, after checking the weather forecast, give the registered shoot a try on the 19th, have many happy memories of shooting both FITASC and English Sporting at that ground (previously called Charlesworth) many many moons ago.

Mr Potter

Pretty sure, and by pretty sure I mean I haven't checked, that Old Glossop is in Derbyshire and I'm pretty sure Derbyshire is in the East Midlands region.

Mr Potter

Southrop is spot on, Derbyshire as CPSA county is in the West Midlands region not as I said in the above post the East Midlands. I can't tell my left from my right either...

Fingers crossed for a reasonable weather forecast for the 19th.

Mr Potter