A miserable day with a possibly bright ending.

JDog

That famous PW man steveyg was due to come out with me today. However in mid morning we exchanged messages to relay the fact that it was very wet indeed and in my case very foggy so we called off our planned outing until another day. I haven't seen him for a while and I needed some of his infectious enthusiasm to rub off on me but that will have to wait.

At 2:30 the skies miraculously cleared so I decided to have a drive round to see what we missed. First port of call was a bean stubble. This had fifty birds feeding on it but no others joining so that would be no good. The second farm had 200 acres of stubble and birds flew over my head as I arrived. There must have been one hundred birds on the fields and others coming in so prospects for tomorrow looked good. The third farm was on my way home and I almost never called in there but a few birds flying over the road changed my mind. Their destination was a freshly harvested maize field and I found a lot of birds on it and two lines in so that is where I will head tomorrow for my first recce.