Shotgun cert renewal

Wiggum

Ive just renewed mine ,they did send me a reminder , they were a bit slow getting back to me with it and my previous license ended up out of date before I had new one but when I phoned them they told me it was all ok because they received my application for renewal within the 6 or 8 week deadline, give them a ring and ask them to send you a renewal pack . Hope that helps

Ive just renewed mine ,they did send me a reminder , they were a bit slow getting back to me with it and my previous license ended up out of date before I had new one but when I phoned them they told me it was all ok because they received my application for renewal within the 6 or 8 week deadline, give them a ring and ask them to send you a renewal pack . Hope that helps

As I've just had a look at HO Guidance to the Police I'm fairly genned up on this bit! :) According to HO guidance a reminder should be sent out to the certificate holder in sufficient time to prevent a certificate holder from being in possession of guns without a valid certificate. If an applicant has applied for renewal within the allotted time and through no fault of their own is not issued with a new ticket before the current one expires, a form thingymejig (temporary ticket, can't recall number) should be issued by 'default'.

This is not lawfully binding as far as I know, but guidance only, hence the widespread application of interpretation, for want of a better word, by various forces.

I find it strange that the same guidance which expresses a concern for the applicant not to be in possession of firearms they have no certificate for come renewal, also advocates the sending in of ones ticket come renewal/variation, thereby leaving the applicant in the very situation one piece of advice advises to avoid. This is why Mr. Harriman advises against sending in valid certificates to licensing.

MIne expires in november (mid i think) reminder letter stated if the renewal form was not received by them by the 18 of sept they couldn't guarantee renewing before current one expired.

I have kept current cert and reason to send in current one in the new forms (long and confusing as they are.)

Edited by HDAV