Got a ba******** to day well out on the rooks

bluesj

Got a ba******** to day well out having a go at a few rook. :sad1: I got a call to help out a mate try to sort out some rooks on a local farm because he couldn’t get out. :) I can shoot on the farm any time I like but don’t as my mate shoots it so only go with him normally. I could only make a few hours this afternoon,
So got set up about 2 ish about 10 yards from the boundary fence behind some straw bales. Had a few in the first hour when the farmer comes along stops for a quick chat and off he goes, then I see him stop and talk to someone in on the other side of the boundary. As they were chatting a couple came over had one but the other was near the boundary so didn’t try, then another 2 the same. With that I see a landrover coming towards me at high speed and it pulls up just the other side of the fence. Some one gets out and shouts “what do you think you are doing” I thought here we go so I walked over to him, he says why didn’t you shoot at the other crows when they came over you isn’t my seed worth as much as his! I said no but I haven’t asked you if it was ok to shoot over your ground, he said yes it is so bloody get on with it! Got another day on his patch tomorrow :yahoo:

I wish all Permission was that easy, I had to beg a neighbouring farm to my main permission to shoot pigeons and crows on his cabbage fields, at first he didn't want to know but after using the neighbour as a reference he allowed me in for a trail go, 8 crows and 5 pigeons in the first hour and he was asking me back anytime I wanted, a hard won result. but worth it. :yes::yes: