Beretta sv10/692 extractor

Jacks1342

While cleaning my sv10 extractors I noticed that one of the selector "o" rings has perished and one has separated. I have had a good look online but can't find anywhere to order them. I'm still waiting on a response from GMK but as I'm impatient I am wondering on here if anybody knows. I have a set of "O" rings for a crane which has what I thought every one available...except these ones as they are tiny.. :(

Have a search on the forum for Beretta spares or parts. There is an Italian company that's sells parts cheap, but the o rings should be cheap anyway.

Any Beretta dealer should order them for you.

Figgy

I had a good look around and I couldn't seem to find spares for the sv10, I could for most others though. Hopefully I should get a response from GMK tomorrow..

I had the same problem with my sv10, its a known problem with them so i took it back to the RFD i purchased it from and he changed them the same day as he kept the part in stock.

I bought the gun used so I have no RFD to take it back to, if I get no joy from GMK in the next couple of days I will have a ring around if it's a common problem. :)

Edited by Jacks1342

I had the same problem with my sv10, its a known problem with them so i took it back to the RFD i purchased it from and he changed them the same day as he kept the part in stock.

With a gun from a company as big as Beretta is they shouldn't have a common occurring problem. There supposed to test all these faults out before lauching the gun.

Figgy

With a gun from a company as big as Beretta is they shouldn't have a common occurring problem. There supposed to test all these faults out before lauching the gun.

Figgy

I'm not sure it is a common occuring problem, in fact I'm not sure it's even a problem. Does anyone know what the symptoms are of 'O' ring failure.

After cleaning the ejectors I put a tiny drop of Beretta oil on the selectors and take care to keep solvents away from them when cleaning the bores. WD40 for example may have it's uses but it can degrade some rubber and plastic materials.

My SV10 is coming up to 3 years and so far the 'O' rings look alright.

Figgy

So you are saying a gun won't have problems? in that case hatsan should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Mr-Sheen

So you are saying a gun won't have problems? in that case hatsan should be ashamed of themselves.

No I'm saying a gun shouldn't have a recurring problem like this gun will have, these faults should have been ironed out in the testing by Beretta. They quote things like this gun has been years in the making etc and they have stupid faults like o ring failure in the ejectors.

Hatstands are built for next to nothing. By the time you factor in manufacturers profit, transport costs, currency exchange differences, sometimes good sometimes bad, importers profits, proofing costs,dealers profits and the marketing of the gun in each country. At less than £400.00 new it must be made for £75.00 or less.

Figgy

I still think you're over egging this figgy. I've been shooting an SV10 for almost 3 years and I know people who've had them since they came out, yet this thread is honestly the first time I've heard of this 'known problem'. There was a well documented problem on some of the very early guns with the eject/extract feature but it was quickly resolved under warranty and hasn't recurred. Perhaps that's what Mr-Sheen was referring to.

I can't believe any manufacturer would be stupid enough to carry forward to the next generation a component that was prone to failure, especially something like selectable eject/extract which is hardly a big selling point.

No I'm saying a gun shouldn't have a recurring problem like this gun will have, these faults should have been ironed out in the testing by Beretta. They quote things like this gun has been years in the making etc and they have stupid faults like o ring failure in the ejectors.

Hatstands are built for next to nothing. By the time you factor in manufacturers profit, transport costs, currency exchange differences, sometimes good sometimes bad, importers profits, proofing costs,dealers profits and the marketing of the gun in each country. At less than £400.00 new it must be made for £75.00 or less.

Figgy

Figgy i appreciate what you are saying, but as an example of how companies with even more money than beretta still manage to produce products with recurring faults, just look at Apple! They have far more money and research for their products, yet they still manage to fail on a massive scale, IOS 8 is already causing problems for users. I just think that it is possible for a company to overlook a small rubber ring perishing, even if it has been tested for a long time.

I still think you're over egging this figgy. I've been shooting an SV10 for almost 3 years and I know people who've had them since they came out, yet this thread is honestly the first time I've heard of this 'known problem'. There was a well documented problem on some of the very early guns with the eject/extract feature but it was quickly resolved under warranty and hasn't recurred. Perhaps that's what Mr-Sheen was referring to.

I can't believe any manufacturer would be stupid enough to carry forward to the next generation a component that was prone to failure, especially something like selectable eject/extract which is hardly a big selling point.

You may be right, but I think Beretta have dropped the ball of late, with problems with the 692 top lever catching the wood and internal faults. The A400 Xtreme having issues.

As for Apple, so much for beta testing. More companies seem to be using their customers to do their testing for them.

Figgy

I got the replacement "o" rings today, first class delivery from GMK for free. I replaced the side that needed them as one had snapped and the other was degrading. As they sent out a full set, I decided to change the other side.

On closer examination, the "O" ring that had snapped on the other one had a section that was worn down. It must be the extractor rubbing on the "O" ring on the selector as it extracts.

Also I noticed that if the selector is not seated correctly when it goes back in, the extractor will not operate fully as it's restricted by the selector.

If any sv10 owners want to to make a video or a post with pics on how to strip the extractors and what to look for then let me know. As I was looking for an explanation of how to do it but there were no pictures around to help, after you do it once then it's easy as everybody had said ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the replacement "o" rings today, first class delivery from GMK for free. I replaced the side that needed them as one had snapped and the other was degrading. As they sent out a full set, I decided to change the other side.

;)

Hi Jacks, did gmk just post you the o rings out as I've been in contact with them giving the serial number etc and now they say they can't deal with members of the public? I now have to go to malmo, get them to contact gmk on my behalf giving my serial number and then gmk will post them to malmo?!

For free of course but its wasting my time travelling and malmo guns time too!