decent session

yickdaz

I don,t know if it was the conditions very still and overcast in this neck of the woods today, had a look at 2 farms and hardly a bird to be seen, 3rd stop was a bit better a lot of birds in the area but a lot of stubbles they could go on they were dropping in all over the place, I picked up on a decent flightline they were heading for a stubble off our boundary so I just threw a few nets up in a rough patch middle of a stubble put some decoys out and the rotary see I if I could pull birds off the line they were long winded and a lot passed wide of me needed another gun out on the stubbles we don,t shoot to keep them moving I watched them dropping into them all afternoon whilst I picked up the scraps some came for a look but majority shot flighting, with some real testing birds on the return line shot 24 picked 22 and 1 feral also hit 2 jays that went down in the next field very strange I knocked feathers out of both birds but they carried on, not a massive bag but I thoroughly enjoyed it theres just something about knocking down a dozen 50+ yard birds with the wind up there backside to make it feel like a good afternoon

post-21887-0-24004800-1411246133_thumb.jpg

post-21887-0-35763800-1411246151_thumb.jpg

Edited by yickdaz