The mixed Croatian boar and fishing trip

Dunkield

At the other end of the scale, I just heard that red stag has been confirmed as a Gold it scored 217 CIC points, that cost him over £4,300 for one evening out.

Each to their own.

WOW £4300 ;-0

Don't know if miffy and mungler remember calling

"LEAVE IT"

when a huge Red Stag came running my way, at that price I would need to sell a kidney and 1/2 my winky for that if the mighty 30.06 had its wicked way. Lol

£4300 !!!!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's another world, but if you have earned your money and enjoy your hunting, why not?

He arrived with a guide who drove him there and back from Zagreb so he could enjoy a drink with his dinner, and was also there to call the stag in if needs be.

The estate were grateful for the money after a disastrous year due to the torrential rain.

It certainly looks as if our mutual friend Frank came up trumps again, as usual.

I am surprised the flight only cost about £100 including the rifle !

I have just this week booked a flight to Zagreb direct with Croatian airlines, I am assuming that is the airline you used? and the rifle cost me 50Euros each way on top of my flight and was told that is the standard charge with them.

If it wasn't Croatian airlines you used, please tell, as that would certainly be a big saving for my future trips to Croatia/Slovenia.

Ah Good ole EasyJet.

I have used them before and found them to be the easiest and cheapest to use but when you mentioned Jasovac it made me wonder as I didn't realise they flew to Croatia.

I wonder why Frank hasn't used them because they are certainly the cheapest airline for carrying firearms and he hires his mini buses from Slovenia because they are kept in better condition and as far as I know lubliana is about the same distance from 'the farm' as Zagreb.

That explains it then.

The occassions I have used EasyJet have been the easiest/cheapest trips I have ever arranged but then it has been only to Germany.

Thanks for putting me right about distances to the Farm, it did look further on the map but thought maybe there was a better route.

Some things do turn out unusual at times.

I have been to Hungary a few times and sometimes I fly to Zagreb and bus into Hungary and others I have flown to Budapest, each trip has involved a long-ish bus journey.

At the other end of the scale, I just heard that red stag has been confirmed as a Gold it scored 217 CIC points, that cost him over £4,300 for one evening out.

Each to their own.

That to me is just silly. It's no harder to shoot a gold medal winner than any other when your stalked right up to them with a guide. Your paying just for the head, not the thrill of the stalk or days on hills trying to find one of your liking.

Think you and your friends have had the best of the sport :good:

Great write up and photos.

Figgy

Did you have to check your zero or adjust it?

Getting back to this question.

I finally got round to sticking one through the rifle having clicked the scope back to 'mod on' zero.

Having had to run about 300 yards round a freshly drilled field in an effort to the target out to 100 yards and back to the rifle before dark.

Certainly puffing a bit, I pulled the first shot slightly.

having calmed down a bit the second shot is exactly where it was before it's trip to Croatia and back :)

P1030941 (Medium).JPG

Too strong for my needs now but at one time!

Got a load of brass for one here by the way.

Bet it could be down loaded a little.

I believe he uses lighter rounds now after borrowing some from our Canadian cousins when we shot with them

Bit of closure to the 'one that got away' story.

Our fishing guide returned to the spot where I hooked and lost the salmon, as the 1st October is the start of their season.

He sent me this picture of him with 'my' salmon caught on a spinner yesterday, with an accompanying message ending in 'ha ha' :)

fotografija.JPG

I organised a shoot out there a few years ago it was driven on a island that has a cull in place. My father is Croatian and I speak it fluently. I will be organising it on a regular basis again in the near future, but have to much going on at the moement. the prices are incredibly cheap, glad you had a great time. Great write up!

it's Dobro in the context that you are using it Huffhuff lol!

oh and watch the Rakija it will make you blind if you drink to much! lol it's evil if you get a good home distilled one!

Edited by straightshooter1

I organised a shoot out there a few years ago it was driven on a island that has a cull in place. My father is Croatian and I speak it fluently. I will be organising it on a regular basis again in the near future, but have to much going on at the moement. the prices are incredibly cheap, glad you had a great time. Great write up!

it's Dobro in the context that you are using it Huffhuff lol!

oh and watch the Rakija it will make you blind if you drink to much! lol it's evil if you get a good home distilled one!

Me and my son would be interested in this, if you where to organise a trip