doin me head in

moxey

evening all

gotta problem with me rav4, runs sweet as a nut till you get on motorway you hit 70-80mph after maybe 10 miles the throttle pedal dies, you can put ya foot flat to floor and nothing happens, pull on to hard shoulder drop down to 40-50mph an after 200yrds power comes back an runs as normal, nothing lights up on dash, ive put new fuel filter on, still doing it.

any idea,s please, thanks in advance, neil

Turbo? Diesel? Any warning lights? Sounds like it may be intake related? Possibly a split turbo hose clogged air filter or a collapsing hose the rubber turbo pipes perish and the suction of the turbo collapses the hose and strangles the engine, damaged inter cooler is another one.

If petrol check the plugs and HT leads, leads perished cracked? Plugs worn, coated? Air filter also.

Ive got a d4d rav4 mate and mine goes into limp mode when i go up this big hill near my house (well it has twice ive been up it)i put it on a mate laptop in a garage and it came up with this code,stating it could be the turbo or a sensor.as i serviced it and it still does a little miss when im on a flat road and need to accelerate then takes off but not all the time it does it.