With red we’re dead

STOTTO

they are retards in power and anal retards out of power.wa ed ,l not mention 5 miilion missing illegals or the party who brought back the national debt and left a note saying ha ha its all gone when the colon took power.he wont vote barring scots n welsh m.p,s from voting on english matters as he,d have 66 less votes and lose every time.VOTE labour n move to america or spain cos britain would be little britain PDQ

Everyones obviously got the measure of them and their buffoon leader on here!

I remember a topic on here not so long back, ol millipede was on something like question time and was caught on camera with his "off" camera face, it wasn't pretty, if I thought he had a chance then i'd be worried about the vacuous weener

Edited by Paddy Galore!

I know we must have a healthy mistrust of all political parties and our sport have seen all of them make huge mistakes for political gain but Labour with their fresh faced pack of graduates are possibly the ones to be most worried about. Firstly they are likely to come to power because of the general discontent in the UK but most importantly there are a lot of people out there who would love to have a pop at our minority status. IRO of the value of shooting we are very vulnerable to the sort of sound bites these amateur politicians love - lead pollution, raptor persecution, gun control etc etc. Don't like the way wealth gap continues to widen, a feature of a capitalist society, but if countrysports are important to you don't vote Labour. Or Lib Dem or Green. Better to vote UKIP if you were leaning towards a red candidate.

The problem for us shooters is that most of the population of this country would agree with her.My angling friends were amazed when I told them a shotgun licence was fifty pounds,an angling licence is £135 for 5 years.Did they moan or what.

You should've pointed out that fishermen are buying a license and are the only ones that benefit from it. There is no such thing as a shotgun (or firearms) license, they are certificates and there is an important difference between them. Further, the fees are to pay towards firearms licensing (which should be called firearms certification but thats all part of the bigger picture and another story), which is supposedly in place to protect the whole population from nutters getting guns, therefore anyone who benefits from it, should have to pay for it. As there is a general population of 70 million and a certificate possessing population of about half a million, the general population should be the ones paying for most of it. In fact if you were to make the charge pro rata a certificate should cost a shooter about 38p :good::lol:

You should've pointed out that fishermen are buying a license and are the only ones that benefit from it. There is no such thing as a shotgun (or firearms) license, they are certificates and there is an important difference between them. Further, the fees are to pay towards firearms licensing (which should be called firearms certification but thats all part of the bigger picture and another story), which is supposedly in place to protect the whole population from nutters getting guns, therefore anyone who benefits from it, should have to pay for it. As there is a general population of 70 million and a certificate possessing population of about half a million, the general population should be the ones paying for most of it. In fact if you were to make the charge pro rata a certificate should cost a shooter about 38p :good::lol:

Good post. Valid point well made.

I would agree with you on that but I know I would be wasting my breath trying to persuade my angling friends.They would say that if you want to protect the whole population don`t allow guns.That is what we are up against.

Yep to all of this- much as I hate the way the wealth gap increases in a capitalist society our wonderful sport will really be at risk if we get a red govenment again and can you imagine the sort of mess Ed Balls will create with the economy? Anyone notice a Norfolk Tory has called for hunting ban to be overturned? Dangerous I feel as this will not go down well with potential Tory voters who perhaps might vote for them otherwise.

Yep to all of this- much as I hate the way the wealth gap increases in a capitalist society our wonderful sport will really be at risk if we get a red govenment again and can you imagine the sort of mess Ed Balls will create with the economy? Anyone notice a Norfolk Tory has called for hunting ban to be overturned? Dangerous I feel as this will not go down well with potential Tory voters who perhaps might vote for them otherwise.

I have no doubt that the hunting ban will remain, the tories know it'll cost them valuable votes if they try to overturn it, you have to remember that they didn't win the election outright last time, and they'll probably struggle again in the next.

If they set a precedent for "full cost recovery" in this area then they will have to seriously consider it in other areas too where tax or excise is collected or other central or local government services are offered. For example in the issue of export or import licences where and when requires, UK govt export services. Loads of services are heavily subsidised.

I will never vote Labour, they don't represent the working people anymore. They like all other parties (including UKIP) only represent themselves and what they can screw from the gravy train. Labour cut more civil and public servants jobs than Mrs T ever did. The Passport office debacle is a case in point and hey there is yet another area for full cost recovery and more lucrative than firearms licensing! The Labour party had the temerity to vilify the current government over the passport issuing delays yet it was they who had cut the staff when they were in power!