Rats maay be back

Sha Bu Le

Kent Hi we do take things seriously, my neighbour the bird feeder uses snap traps (in boxes with ratty sized entrances) we also get the rat man out from the council out who puts poison down. How effective the poison is I'm not sure, blue and pinkish pellets. I use my gun in my garden. These tactics netted us about 40 odd swishers 2 years ago, I believe these were transients as an old working mens club and an old school were demolished, reports at the time said there were 'droves' od rats leaving as the buildings were demolished. Since then not seen any sign of one until 2 weeks ago.

No sign since but if they do reappear then we will use the same methods.

I do accept your statement that its not gone and someone else's statement that where there is one there are others. Given that they are alleged to have an operational range of around 100 sq yds it may be they are being better fed in some else's garden.

Given the presence of little mice of some type and given rats won't tolerate mice I believe they/it have moved on. Maybe not very far but moved.

Thanks for your input.

Bri

Not so sure on Rats not putting up with mice, the worst farm I saw had stacks of both! I also have both here

Not so sure on Rats not putting up with mice, the worst farm I saw had stacks of both! I also have both here

To be honest I "tend" to find sites have one or the other, I also find there are ups and downs on my few sites that have both, ie sometimes a visit produces mainly rat, the next visit may produce mainly mice.

I have ideas why, but frankly I don't know why!