Another Short Session

bunny_blaster

By 2.30 today I had finished work and was leaving the yard. I decided to go and have a few hours on the pigeons if I could find any. I have 4 big beech trees in my garden that at the moment are full to the brim with pigeons feeding on the mast, my plan was to head to a piece of ground I have that has a lot of beech trees on it and just shoot the pigeons as they came into the trees. I travelled light with just my net bag 4 hide poles and 9 half shells. When I arrived the ground had been freshly drilled and there where about 300 birds down spread between the 2 main fields. As I was only there for a few hours I decided to shoot a small field the furthest away from the main flock as to not spook them hopefully for the weekend. I set up against a small copse in the middle of the field and got settled in. The birds came in nicely for 1.5 hours then it went dead. I was using my newly acquired lincoln premier gold 20 gauge which is what I planned on using for this game season only but its so light and nice to shoot I can see it coming out on the pigeons more often. I picked 25 birds for my efforts. The main flock where still feeding as I left so hopefully they will still be there on Saturday. Also of the 25 I picked 16 where full of oats which I know people on here say pigeons don't like....

Cheers

Ben

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg