found a few on cultivated beans

stuy

Drove around alot today over 100 miles looking for pigeon, found 3 possible fields

1 wheat stubble had about 250 ish birds with a steady line.

1 barley stubble again had a nice flight line and again a good head of pigeon 200+.

1 bean stubble that has been cultivated 2 very strong flight lines and a easy 300 pigeon.

So obviously going to give the beans a go and taking fellow forum member oldfeller along for a day, and hope it comes together.

I also found a pea stubble that had a massive amount of woodpigeon, with very strong flight lines ,birds coming from literally miles away ( I followed the birds from over 2 miles!) But couldn't get the nod even tho I have shot this farmers land before, he said that he'd left the volunteer peas there to keep the woodpigeon of his rape! (I did say that this is a perfect chance to hit them hard and keep numbers down but to no avail! )

Well after trying every trick in the book couldn't get the birds to play ball, we saw very large numbers of birds throughout the day but they just didn't decoy! It was just one of those days ended up with 66+ extremely sporting woodpigeon. I think oldfeller had a good day, I dont think he's seen so many woodpigeon! It just didn't happen this time.

got to say a big thank you to stuy for the day out, quite an experience, and certainly havn't seen pigeons in that quantity for a very long time.

Had a really good time, almost enjoyed carrying the kit and glad that stuy carried his own as I couldn't pick his kit bag up.

and after all that found the missing pastie..

thanks once again , just taking a day off to recover my old bones