Will the FEO take away my licences?

camojohn

We can all see the guidance you cite, but that does not answer the awkward question about usage.

In fact, it makes things look worse.

It could be argued that the applicant's circumstances have materially changed, because he is not using any ammunition.

The latter two paragraphs - "involved in" - well he isn't involved - on paper, as he isn't using ammunition.

Guest topshot_2k

If your not using a rifle for years how do you justify the good reason? Surely not using it suggests you no longer have good reason for owing it?

Edited by topshot_2k

If I was a farmer and I had the rifle to protect my lambs from foxes the good reason still exists.

If all the rabbits die from VHD do I have to hand my gun back?

What if I go to Africa every 10 years with my 375 H&H?

In terms of live quarry I can't see any requirement in the rules to do a minimum prescribed amount of shooting, just that good reason continues to exist. If your good reason for a deer rifle was a paid stalk, and you had nothing further booked I could see that being a difficult situation to justify.

You can use your .22 for pigeons-pop your Deeks about 70 yards out and use a moderator/sub combination-if you are lucky then you can have fun sniping them and kill quite a few without scaring everything for miles. On the other hand I have heard of people burying rounds or firing them off in a semi auto just so they can buy more.

You can use your .22 for pigeons-pop your Deeks about 70 yards out and use a moderator/sub combination-if you are lucky then you can have fun sniping them and kill quite a few without scaring everything for miles.

You can use your .22 for pigeons-pop your Deeks about 70 yards out and use a moderator/sub combination-if you are lucky then you can have fun sniping them and kill quite a few without scaring everything for miles.

I was thinking of trying this on crows now that the stubble has been ploughed in and the pigeons have gone. The only thing is there’s a lot of stones in my area so a higher chance of ricochets.