found them in the end

yickdaz

I set out at 10.30am today looked at a few local farms first nothing doing on them, went slightly further afield to a place we have shot weekly for over a month, few birds still around but nothing to get over excited about I watched for 1/2 an hour around there, the rain came that lasted 30 mins, so after an hour and no real chance of a bag I drove on further still, everywhere I looked at it looked bleak I started heading back to one of the other farms I had been watching thinking what the hell I will just have a few hours on a weak flightline but I took the small country lane route knowing I would drive by a few fields we shoot but don,t really come up trumps well I was right to do that, found a small stubble straight away with birds heading down a row of oaks and birds feeding on it I only watched for 5 mins it was enough to make my mind up so got set up for bang on 2pm first bird in the bag at 1 min past steady shooting rest of the afternoon sometimes hectic the end result was 54 pigeons and 1 jackdaw which got lodged in a tall hawthorn picked 51 woodies about half the bag were young birds

there might be a vid to follow I have had a head cam for a few years now only used it 3 times today one of them, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to edit footage otherwise I would put them up regulary

post-21887-0-88903300-1411760019_thumb.jpg