A fair test for my new gun.

JDog

When I bought my Miroku ten years ago for £400 I was told that it had had 150,000 cartridges through it. I have added a few to that number. It has had a service and two new firing pins in that time and it has performed well. For the last few months I have been getting paranoid about it breaking down leaving me with no gun which suits to shoot with so I began my search for an identical but newer model. I got one yesterday which looks like new compared to my old one. I must point out that this gun is not an Extrema 4000 RS Cosworth GTI but a plain and simple gun.

Today presented a decent chance to see if it worked. Birds had been using five barley stubbles on one farm and I imagined that I could intercept them on their way it. That plan depended on there being a wind but there was not even a gossamer so things did not look good. I watched for a while and all of the birds passed the pile of bales in the picture and into one or other of the fields and I chose to set up there. In the four hours I was out no more than half a dozen came on that line but two more lines opened up. I shot the first five birds to come to the pattern and the shooting was constant all afternoon and I was very pleased indeed with some of the longer shots which killed pigeons stone dead. There is a difference in resonance between the new gun and the old one but I will get used to it in time.

I picked 82 pigeons which I was pleased with given the circumstances.

DSC05703.jpg

there is something nice about having a gun you can trust over the all singing all dancing ones, dont get me wrong i have one for my for my fowling but i also have a couple of older ones, my favoutite is my 28 year old 682. dont get to use her to often but shes perfect

Edited by kiffy

Their finest hour !

I do agree. When an extractor on my Beretta went wrong ten years ago and I was told that it would be several weeks before the Gunmaker could programme my work and make a new one I bought the Miroku 6000 as a stop gap. It has never left my hands in the shooting field since.