my old plinker - info wanted if poss ??

69chris

Looks like a Mk 1 to me, probably early 80's.

From memory they weren't chequered at all from the factory and the engraving is definately aftermarket.

Cracking guns though, I remember when they came out.....gawd I'm old....

Correct , there was no chequering on them new, nice looking engraving unfortunately the chequering looks like its been done with an axe :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a mk1 as the only difference between the mk1 and mk2 (Or so I read!) was a white spacer between the stock and buttpad!!

I have a Vulcan KS which I think is referred to as the mk3 Vulcan :good:

webleyvulcanKS_zps268ff4a5.jpg

Love the extras on your Vulcan, Chequering and engraving :good:

John :)

• 3 weeks later...

funny enough iv just got this put back together, iv had it 25 odd years and, shame on me, never had it apart for a clean up!!

i stripped it down and couldnt believe the amount of **** that had built up inside it :blush:

its all clean now, i had tighten it up a tad as the barrel 'wobbled' a bit, common problem it seems but nothing a squeeze in the vice couldnt solve,

just waiting for a new breach seal to arrive and then hopefully it'll be as accurate as it always was :good:

Mk1 Vulcan was in production from 1979-1981. The mk1 had a thinner barrel and a shorter ramped foresight than the mk2. Mk1's were harsh and snappy to shoot, especially in .177 cal. I still have mine, bought new in 1979 when they first came out, superceeding the hawk mk3. I shot a load of vermin with mine, it used to eat scopes and mounts, I blew the dust of it a few months back and put it over the chrony. Still spitting .177 wasps out right up there at 12 ft lbs.

i also had a new one back in around 79/80, it was bought as a birthday present for me out of a catalogue (kays i think - remember those days !!)

that ones long gone, swapped for a hw77 iirc, this one used to be a cracker but after 10 odd years abandoned in the shed it had lost all its......go !!

wasnt accurate, consistent or even remotely powerful (well, as powerful as pellet guns can be!!) so hopefully, after its little clean up session, it'll be back to normal

:good: