Trigger on CZ455TH 17HMR

lloydi73

I've had my rifle now about two months and am absolutely loving it!! However, the trigger is very harsh and stiff on it, has anybody experienced this? I struggle grouping a little at the moment, but I am novice and only been shooting 10 months now. A guy I go shooting with had a bash with it yesterday and was grouping 1 inch at 50 yards, but at 100 he was struggling. He's a shooting vet of 27 years, ex game keeper and has guns from 17 to 308, so knows his stuff........he suggested getting the trigger looked at, so I guess my question is, would a "trigger kit" I keep seeing on here talked about, make the trigger easier to operate??

I had a go with his 22, and the trigger was feather lite in comparison!!!

Before I get shot down, I'm not for one minute blaming the gun or trigger here for my insccuracy, I know it's 99% down to me, I was just wondering if a lighter trigger would help me?!?

I've had my rifle now about two months and am absolutely loving it!! However, the trigger is very harsh and stiff on it, has anybody experienced this? I struggle grouping a little at the moment, but I am novice and only been shooting 10 months now. A guy I go shooting with had a bash with it yesterday and was grouping 1 inch at 50 yards, but at 100 he was struggling. He's a shooting vet of 27 years, ex game keeper and has guns from 17 to 308, so knows his stuff........he suggested getting the trigger looked at, so I guess my question is, would a "trigger kit" I keep seeing on here talked about, make the trigger easier to operate??

Before I get shot down, I'm not for one minute blaming the gun or trigger here for my insccuracy, I know it's 99% down to me, I was just wondering if a lighter trigger would help me?!?

I have a rimfire magic kit for CZ 455 you can have for free,its a complete kit minus the middle spring.

Too many people have a go themselves with kits without full understanding. If its done at least 1000 rounds get it looked at by someone who does triggers without needing kits, if not shoot it some more. I say this because there a lot of dodgy triggers on a lot of CZ rifles floating about made unsafe by home fiddlers and less than great gunsmiths.

CZ triggers honestly wear to fit in my experience, some just take longer than others. Make it lighter and it wears to a very unsafe trigger. Pull and sear engagement are linked

Too many people have a go themselves with kits without full understanding. If its done at least 1000 rounds get it looked at by someone who does triggers without needing kits, if not shoot it some more. I say this because there a lot of dodgy triggers on a lot of CZ rifles floating about made unsafe by home fiddlers and less than great gunsmiths.

CZ triggers honestly wear to fit in my experience, some just take longer than others. Make it lighter and it wears to a very unsafe trigger. Pull and sear engagement are linked

There is nothing wrong with trigger kits but there is something very wrong with the awful pull weight of the factory trigger. Springs wont weaken unless they are stretched outside their normal range of movement. Who wants to wait for 1000 rounds to see if things improve?

Edited by sitsinhedges