Need new scope or rifle or eyes!

bluesj

Or any combination of the above!

So here's the problem ('s) I've always used Winchester subs (white box) in my Anschutz 520 they work well and could pick them up any where.

On a nights lamping I would expect to hit 75% plus of what I shot at. Then Winchester changed to the new (blue box) and I started having cycling problems and may be not so many hits as with the old ones but hard to tell. When i tried to get some more a couple of weeks ago no one had Winchesters so had to change to some RWS, so thought I better recheck the zero. It just needed a couple of clicks at 50 yards and put 5 or 6 shots in 1 inch so off we go lamping and i couldn't hit **** Shots all over the place (a shotgun with 1/4 choke would get better grouping) so gave it up as a bad job.

Today I have given the rifle a good clean then went out and put 20 or so rounds through it then re zeroed with the RWS, I was hitting a 2pence peace at 50 yard 9 times out of 10 so just out of interest thought in try the Winchesters old and new (still had a few left). I still got 8 or 9 out of ten with in an inch, all good.

Then a crow landed 5 yards behind the target, how could I miss!

Sorry that should have read how did I miss! I tried again at the targets and couldn't get a group better than about 4" at about 6" low! So I checked every thing was as it should be (all ok) then tried again and I was struggling to hit a 3' by 2' board let alone a target!! So gave up!

I think the scope is the problem as I've never really been happy with the peace of **** even after it was checked by the makers and given the all clear!

But what can I do to prove the rifle, ammo and my eyes are all ok and the CEO of Hawke needs to drop his trousers and bend over so I can return this peace of **** scope once and for all?

PS. Any one want to buy a Hawke sport HD 4-12x50 ir scope, VGC :)

Forgot to mention I changed the scope over about a year ago had problems and swapped back to the Simmons but a rabbit can hide behind the cross hairs on the simmons so changed back to the Hawke, don't really want to go back to the Simmons if i can get away with it. plus its on my 243 now

I'd do a straight swap for a Zeiss dualyt 3-12x50 :)

or if after a have tried it on another rifle i still can get it sorted you'd be welcome to pick it up and take it away!

Oh I`ve just got myself a bargain,your such a generous man,thank you.I`ve just parceled up the duralyt for you.

Edited by maxie

Oh I`ve just got myself a bargain,your such a generous man,thank you.I`ve just parceled up the duralyt for you.

Cheers :lol:

Once I've tested it on another rifle I will give you first refusal on it. even if it turns out to be ok witch i don't think it will i cant say that i think much of it so think i will be replacing it any way.