they say money cant buy you happiness...

kiffy

i love that old saying 'money cant buy you happiness' but have decided its a load of bull as i turned this...

post-58889-0-63445300-1411983358_thumb.jpg

... into this

post-58889-0-14571800-1411983380_thumb.jpg

post-58889-0-53445600-1411983388_thumb.jpg

a daystate for me as always been a dream, and for two reasons firstly i could never afford one and secondly i couldnt justify its expense as i dont do a whole lot of airgun shooting but with some saving and the sale of my old airgun which i swore i would never sell as i loved it so much and with the availability now of a fair bit or bunny bashing i went for it... and bought a sub 12 pound wolverine C in .22. i didnt like the C when i first saw it due to the plastic front end but slowly fell in love so bought one, topped it with a mtc viper scope and a harris 9-13 swivel bipod... all i need now is the airstreme mk6 mod which i should have this week

i know im mad as theres so many guns that are an equal on performance for a fraction of the price but i couldnt be happier :yahoo:

Edited by kiffy

thanks, must say im VERY impressed with the quality, i loved my ten year old falcon lighthunter so much i swore id never part with it but zeroing this in this morning its so smooth and a real pleasure i made the right decision... even if its cost me a bloody fortune! by the time i bought the bits to go on it, the air bottle its cost me more than my beretta semi auto did

Very nice that, keep us posted on how you get on with it over the coming months.

The beauty of the old faithful air gun is no licensing costs, no ammo restictions, new land should be easier to get onto with an air rifle over a poweder burner, a wide range of quarry to hunt with it and It looks the buisiness when land owners see it so it should serve you well.

Welcome to Daystates :thumbs:

PS: What are the mounts you have on the top of your scope ? I wouldnt mide some to give a better fix for my lamps on my rifles and scopes.

ATB

Matt

Edited by salop sniper

i got them from a chinese seller on ebay, use them for my NV.. cant remember how much as i bought them months ago but i think about six quid for the bracket you see there and the 25mm picatinny mount to go on top.. heres a photo of two of my 501b's with the other half on, same size torch but angle makes them look different. i love them as i can attach a torch and the screen in a few seconds

post-58889-0-52378700-1412001364_thumb.jpg

and heres a clseup of them on the gun

post-58889-0-16454700-1412002034_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiffy

just found a link to the mounts, i was wrong though as the top bracket doesnt come with it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barrel-Mount-25-4mm-30mm-Ring20mm-weaver-Picatinny-rail-Adapter-For-Rifle-Scope-/370916724536?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item565c5c0f38

Edited by kiffy

Very nice mate I had a fair go with one at a show we helped out with. I must admit despite my misgivings on seeing the C type initially my mind was changed on shooting it. It seemed a lot more pointable than the B type I am not sure if that was just me or not but I preferred the way it came on to aim.

Kiffy that looks amazing..I remember you telling me you were waiting for it.

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?.

might be persuaded soon.want a sub 12 ft for range and plinking.still waiting for my fac huntsman..

Atb brett

i was looking at same gun on saturday £1300 for wolverine £1500 air ranger thats without scope ect

Edited by remmy1100

Kiffy that looks amazing..I remember you telling me you were waiting for it.

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?.

might be persuaded soon.want a sub 12 ft for range and plinking.still waiting for my fac huntsman..

Atb brett

wolverine rrp is £1142 i paid £1080, i paid £50 for the airstream mk6 mod and i fitted a 4-16 viper scope (i know a bit overkill for a sub 12) at £239

went out to zero it in this afternoon in the woods bordering a farm which is right by my house... only a few shots to get it pretty close on at 15 yards just need to get up the local quarry to use a rest and get it bang on and at a decent range as there was no clear area to shoot bigger than about 15 yards today

i had no intention of shooting anything other than a target but wandering quietly back i saw him in a tree about 20 yards away. got a lovely standing shot off at him and he dropped

Edited by kiffy

• 4 weeks later...

looks brill mate, first chance I,ve had to see your new rifle bud,,cracking choice as well,

michael170874,,,, I,ve had my wolverine b .177 since feb mate and all I can say is it is now super accurate to 50yrds and has been totally faultless, I,ve not had a single problem with the rifle and it has performed superb in all conditions,,

sold my huntsman classic and bsa r10mk2 to buy the wolverine b and it was the best decision I have ever made,,

I,ve just bought my huntsman back because it is .22 so I now have the best of both worlds, I use the wolverine b as a dedicated night time rifle due to the flatter trajectory at .177 and use the huntsman .22 for all the daytime shooting I do,

the wolverine is running at 11.6ftlb and the huntsman 11.8ftlb and both are an absolute pleasure to shoot and carry round,

I have heard of quality control issues of late but Daystate customer service has been brilliant when I,ve needed them so its never affected myself ,when you consider the amount of rifles they sell then it is pretty obvious one might have a fault occur but all the guys whom I know have not had any issues with their daystate rifles at all,

must say though the money you pay for one you should certainly not expect them to have a fault and sorry to hear yours did,

kiffy enjoy mate

atb Evo

I will, not had much chance to use it yet as my huntings all but non existent at the moment due to a dodgy coccyx but I will be taking it and the NV out on a fox hunting trip the first chance I get to pop a bunny or two as there's plenty about.

Still waiting in my airstream mod, fingers crossed I will be able to pick it up friday