hide ideas

shotgunner24

What type of netting do you guys use?

Jack Pyke clearview hide netting on all my hides and then either a stealth Profesional 2 ply (from site sponsors) over the top, a desert net on stubbles, or natural vegetation where available.

I've used the clearview on it's own where I have a dark background. It's great for visibility out and your barrels don't snag on it. I drape my outer nets to create 'windows' in my hide.

Apart from the clearview net being useless with light behind it, it can be tricky to attach securely to poles as it is very flighty in the wind. I have lots of plastic spring clamps to get around this.

As for poles, I have to use the screw type poles as my permissions are stoney and often hard.

Hi I im only just starting out so what I'm about to say have no experience backing it up but all I've gone for is 2 old army cam nets with four light extendible poles and and a pop up chair/ stool so I'm not popping my full body over the top and I think it's as simple as that for me high on the sides and back but so I can see in all directions.

Hi I im only just starting out so what I'm about to say have no experience backing it up but all I've gone for is 2 old army cam nets with four light extendible poles and and a pop up chair/ stool so I'm not popping my full body over the top and I think it's as simple as that for me high on the sides and back but so I can see in all directions.

That sums it up very well!

My nephew bought a 'pop-up' at a game fair some years ago when he was in his mid teens, and loved it as it was light enough to carry anywhere and was erected in seconds. He said his only regret was missing the 'craic' with his mate as it wasn't big enough to share. He shot some impressive bags from it.

Sometimes I don't bother making a hide, I just lie on the ground with camo netting over me (like a blanket!) - gives you a great view of whats flying around you, just don't do it on wet days :lol:

Hi i shoot in denwick 3, 4 5, times a year and when it rains up there god it rains , you would literally FLOAT off , beautiful part of the world tho , i envy your where you live !

doghouse_zpseec89be8.png

Only used it once, however will use more in winter as I just cant keep my hide together with poles and netting if its to windy.

That will get a good buffeting by the wind.

Try using some guy ropes and pegs. These will keep hide poles standing in high winds.