Which shooting / sun glasses

remy 700

I convinced myself I needed an expensive set of oakley m frames with a set of 3 lenses. When I got them, yes the lenses were a good quality, but the frames felt cheap and brittle and I looked daft to be honest.

Went with the topgun set of five Pairs for £40.....more comfortable and if I break as set they are cheap as chips.

Go to b&Q and get some of their tinted safety glasses they have wrap around ones for a tenner so if you loose or break them its no great loss

A tenner for safety glasses! Bloody nora! http://www.yarmo.co.uk/acatalog/info-PW32T.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwqamhBRDeyKKuuYztxwQSJAA1luvG6nztVeSzJ33zFkARSir9G0wulh3DBfJ0bCEpWXKoHBoCcSXw_wcB#fo_c=516&fo_k=ca0ce53a2c72a38ea640b1915e6a7f08&fo_s=gplauk

or

http://www.protecdirect.co.uk/Protec/Personal-Protective-Equipment-%28PPE%29/Eye-Protection/Protective-Safety-Glasses---Coloured/A700-Amber-Lens/p/1015441

I like oakley they fit my face and you can use them all the time

Edited by HDAV

I don't think pilla will protect you any better than high impact safety glasses

I think you are right but it depends on your budget and what you need. I have Oakley M Frame - hand me downs from my husband and he has the Pilla X glasses. Personally I really find it hard to see Orange clays - ridiculous as that sounds I often do not see them until last minute. I have found the Pilla Max Orange lense extremely beneficial for picking up the target earlier so I borrow his as they are silly money. I would say though if I have around £500 ever spare I would invest as they have helped me significantly when I have borrowed them.

I think you are right but it depends on your budget and what you need. I have Oakley M Frame - hand me downs from my husband and he has the Pilla X glasses. Personally I really find it hard to see Orange clays - ridiculous as that sounds I often do not see them until last minute. I have found the Pilla Max Orange lense extremely beneficial for picking up the target earlier so I borrow his as they are silly money. I would say though if I have around £500 ever spare I would invest as they have helped me significantly when I have borrowed them.

You may see better but aren't better protected. Have you tried a different tint lensin your Oakley frames? Are your lens polarised?

Edited by HDAV

Have a look at these, and read the reviews, I have a set and I think that they are very good value for the price. Be aware that there are three frame sizes, small medium and large. I have the medium, my hat size 59cm.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/army-surplus-uk/soldier-95-clothing/revision-sawfly-deluxe-eye-shield-427963.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=S&Outdoors&gclid=CIOGuO31i8ECFQsEwwodkLoAhQ

You may see better but aren't better protected. Have you tried a different tint lensin your Oakley frames? Are your lens polarised?

I was agreeing with your comment regarding not being more protected. Definition through the pilla lens for me is much improved though. I do have several oakley lens although not polarised. I also find the pilla purple lens (which seems to be a very popular lens) gives me clearer picture. Are the oakley polarised worth investigating in your opinion?

I like the oakley polarised but i haven't tried Pilla (they would cost more than my gun)

COuld try somethign like this https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/oakley_m_frame_hybrid_s_persimmon_spare_lens_06228-ID_20898?gclid=Cj0KEQjwzK6hBRCbzLz_r_f-3tkBEiQA-zyWsK4hLfs8ZSAuDqqCXosxZVRNqQv37q_S2pf6hYaWj_gaAjzl8P8HAQ

How impact resistant are they. I couldn't find anything on the ad.

Go for the lightest tint you find comfortable and look for lenses and frames that give good safety protection. There are US and BS safety standards with approvals for military use.

Check out ESS and WileyX and Uvex ranges, all do a range of colours. Some of the Oakleys are safety rated I believe. Some brands seem too describe themselves as 'shooting glasses' but give no info on protection?

Having had lenses damaged by shot and a piece of broken clay I tend to do the safety thing before the colour thing.... and colour choice is down to what you like. I prefer a bronze or darker orange lens, the bright orange, yellow or purples don't do it for me.

Heres a round up ..

www.6mmbr.com/eyeprotection.html

Edited by seeker

How impact resistant are they. I couldn't find anything on the ad.

http://uk.oakley.com/en/technology/eyewear

This Level of Testing is Absolutely Unnecessary

Oakley lenses are tested under extreme circumstances to guarantee uncompromising protection against high-mass and high-velocity impact that no other lens offers. We go beyond in precision, dedication and creativity to serve world-class athletes and progressive lifestyle consumers. Our products and technologies don’t just provide unmatched performance and quality, they completely redefine the category.

Part of the secret is Plutonite®, our durable and optically pure lens material. Within our spirit of performance and innovation, we continue to deliver the best performance products on the planet. Impact protection beyond what's necessary. We consider it mandatory.

No 5 steel shot at 102mph which is 45m/s which is EN166 F spec

https://www.oakleysi.com/Product_Category.cfm?id=14&pid=1

The Oakley SI M Frame® surpasses ANSI Z87.1 Industrial Standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact protection. All lenses are made of pure Plutonite®, a proprietary material that offers the highest level of optical clarity available in eyewear. You get razor-sharp clarity at all angles of view, which maximizes peripheral vision and protection against sun, wind and side impact.
Edited by HDAV