Owdoo from Lancs.

demic77

Just a quick hello to the board from sunny Lancashire B) I've been shooting since I was a kid and I'm still no good at it...

I'm looking to change my focus from target FAC shooting to more shotgun type stuff, had a do at clay busting last year and

loved it, even though I was **** at it, lol. So I got a coterminous ticket at my last renewal and have joined up here, owdoo folks :)

Hey up,am ex lancs lad now living in Derby ****y,,,,sorry,City.My advice,don't go down the shotgun route,I tried it got bored.

Started out as a kid in the 60's with a little .177 original,worked my way through lots of air rifles(some shotguns, when I became of age),joined the army at 18,but always had an air rifle,shot small bore and full bore at competition level for 10 years.Left the army, took up clay pigeon shooting,but got too repeatative after a while as well as exspensive.Packed up shooting in the eighties,until 18 months ago when I retired,applied for and got a FAC,aquired an overpowered airsporter(which is about as accurate as chucking a brick),a crossman ratcather that Iv'e uprated to about 11 ft lbs and my latest toy,a SMK 78 that ive managed to uprate to 14 ft lbs myself and I have even fitted a custom kit yet. Ive never had so much fun for years.With a shotgun,wot you've got is what you've got,can't uprate it,no good with a scope and after a couple of thousand clays you will be wishin for some thing with feathers or fur,then you'll find that too easy.......and guess wot......you'll probably do wot I did and go out and buy an air rifle to puy the fun and skill back itro your shooting..........probably..............Tony

Cheers all, good to see lots of red rose folk here :good: I'm in Great Harwood. I do love my FAC rifle shooting, I got my first taste in the ATC on Lee Enfield .22 No.8 but time constraints at the minute are just so limiting.

The times I've managed a shoot this year I can count on one hand. :sad1: I'm a member at BRPC which has excellent facilities, I just struggle getting there to shoot due to working shifts, family etc.

I really enjoyed the dynamic nature of shotgun shooting when I tried it, really satisfying seeing a clay smash when you hit it right. If I had a nice O/U in a cabinet at home I could nip to the likes of

Kelbrook on my days off in the week between school runs. FAC is going to take a back seat for the foreseeable but I will go back to it when the kids are big enough to either come with me or sort themselves out.