any tips for my first pigeon shoot? and how to cook it after!

jamie101

eyup lads,

im hopefully going on my first ever pigeon shoot next thursday (9/10/14) if all goes to plan!

just wondering if those clear pigeon carts by gamebore are any good? ive read that a few of you have used them and say there ok, so i was going to get some of those,

also do you have any tips for a first timer? im really looking forward to the shoot and to trying pigeon for the first time for dinner! so also any tips on how to cook it after please? lol,

cant wait! thanks lads,

jamie

as above i use clear pigion 32/6 and love them for both corvid and pigeon but i do generally use 28/7.5 if i know im going after pigeons. they do the job fine and are cheaper

for recipes, i have made a couple of pigeon pies recently and love them, lightly brown diced pigeon and onions, bung in some peas and carrots... them make a nice gravy with tons of black pepper and a few chilli flakes and make a pie bloody lovely

i will say one thing... what ever you do dont overcook the pigeon

and remember have fun, its not the size of the bag you bring home its the enjoyment of the day..

guessing you are decoying?Are you going with someone experienced?If so best tip is keep v v still until within range then 'aim slow fire fast'....if they are decoying well you will spot a time when they commit to land,this is the time to mount and fire.Have fun be safe.cartridge choice is absolutely fine too.

First find the pigeon on your permission, you can't shoot what's not there. Find the flightline on your land , set up as close as you can to , Stay still , just have your eyes over the hide with your peak down. Pick your target bird, wait , MOVE, MOUT AND SHOOT.

Enjoy the day, take your time and remember what works , if the birds move to a different flightline MOVE.