Paedophile Hunter TV programme

keg

Seems his work led to a number of them being charged , so a hero in my book .

Having said that some of the sentences handed out were far to lenient as far as I am concerned , the bloke who came looking for sex with a 11 year old was not even charged.

For what it's worth i agree. You know exactly what you are doing when you start talking to what you think is an 11 yr old. It was the comment from the QC who jailed the first groomer that made me think that whilst his stance is admirable, he maybe getting in the way of maybe bigger paedo rings or international stuff.

Agree that the police need more resource.

People say that kiddie fiddlers should be hanged, I disagree such a waste, give them cancer and test your new drugs on them, if you cure them try ebola and so on and so on, save some poor chimps life somewhere, waste not want not.

i agree whole heartedly to this!!! :good::good::good::friends::beer:

It's one of the instances where the Police should be doing more. Given their limited resources, it doesn't seem to be high on their list of priorities - whereas it should be.

Whether he is an amateur or not - it is hard to argue that he is doing anything but a public service.

For what it's worth i agree. You know exactly what you are doing when you start talking to what you think is an 11 yr old. It was the comment from the QC who jailed the first groomer that made me think that whilst his stance is admirable, he maybe getting in the way of maybe bigger paedo rings or international stuff.

Agree that the police need more resource.

Meanwhile in Rotheram nothing seems to be happening.

I wonder more work is not done to find the causes of this aberrant behaviour. That at least would point to a better way to detect, investigate and convict. There is simply no excuse for it but so much is concealed within families that detection is the first stage. Its not always more resources but trained (properly) resources. Being an aware parent is also part, a big part of protecting your child.

There is much agreement on the absolute abhorrence of this crime and the punishment should be extreme in my view. For those who suffer this, it can be a living sentence and a damaged or crippled life.

Far better the criminal should suffer this than the victims. The Rotheram case is deeply disturbing and the inconclusively investigated cases at childrens homes in Wales etc. This seems to have been a crime organised and conducted by men of influence in the past (Saville etc) and I for one would like to see all of them fairly exposed to the harshest treatment - I also dont think medical experimentation is to be ruled out.

If however you attract the harshest penalties, the degree of certainty of guilt must be high and absolutely established without a doubt. Make sure and make safe for ever.

It's one of the instances where the Police should be doing more. Given their limited resources, it doesn't seem to be high on their list of priorities - whereas it should be.

Whether he is an amateur or not - it is hard to argue that he is doing anything but a public service.

Gordon if you asked a thousand police officers who they would rather be arresting sex pests and kiddie fiddlers would be at the top of the pile however it's not the sort of work most police officers can get involved in.

There are lost of areas of policing that we should be doing more in or be better at but money does not allow it.

I for one couldn't work in the child protection unit. Reason being I don't think as a father I could sit and listen to these depraved people describing their actions and not cause them harm.

I often wonder if the authorities are too scared to delve just in case there's not enough prison room or police time to manage the huge increase in the sex offenders list.

The guy may or may not be acting within the law if he was a police officer, but he's getting results. Problem arises when so many people do the same thing ,hand out there own justice and force them even further underground or just plain get it wrong so they can act sadistically with self justification.

John.

Oh to answer the op's question no hero, but whilst he keeps handing them into police fantastic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520797/Prisoners-harboured-sick-cannibalistic-fantasies-lured-paedophile-inmate-cell-disemboweled-using-razor-blades-given-guards.html

This one got his comeuppance... (After waltzing around prison bragging about what he did)

I personally think the guys a hero to rid the streets of filth, but it also highlights the sad state of affairs that we are in that we can't set up an elite unit doing this full time and funded etc...
And yes, some of the sentences aren't long enough - but that annoys me about all police programmes. Hopefully they end up in a cell with the above two.

When I first started working for a forensics company almost 6 years ago the biggest shock was how many are out there. For every mention in the papers of someone being found guilty of having indecent images of children there are probably 50 others ongoing you don't hear about.

We are a fairly small firm mainly doing criminal defence work and some weeks we will get 3-4 enquiries from solicitors all relating to either abuse or indecent images, I think the availability of material online is the reason why there are more offenders now then ever before.

pre internet if someone had a mild interest in kids there wasn't anything to feed their interest, now they can look online and find a few pics, they decide they like them and keep looking and before you know it they are finding and collecting more and more serious material to feed their habit until its now enough and they decide they want the real thing.

There will always be Paedophile's but something has to be done to reduce availability of this material online and the resources need to be in place to catch them and give them proper sentences.