Home made tomato soup

Kes

Lots and lots of very big tomatoes just finishing - Never had a crop like it so I thought I'd make some soup for Friday when its going to get cold.

Does anyone have a really good recipe for warming tomato soup - fresh basil, garlic, maybe a bit of onion but not too much. The sort of soup that would go with fresh toast crutons and a log fire ?

I'm waiting pan in hand. Thanks in advance

Boil them all, seeds and skins. Onion, chilli, finely chopped. Salt and pepper. Cook for a good couple of hours, blitz then sieve back into the pan to get rid of any skin or seeds.

For full fat add a carton of single cream or for the skinny version add creme fraiche.

I have had a glut of tomatoes myself this year. I made this soup the other day with some of the toms & it was gorgeous. It is very simple & the only change I made to it was putting one of my homegrown chilli's into the soup, this made it lovely & spicy.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/257680/Roasted-tomato-soup

Heat a couple or three tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan.

Chop a good sized onion and tip it in, sweat it rather than fry it. It shouldn't turn brown.

Chop up a load of tomatoes and fill the pan with them.

Chop a small chilli and stick that in too.

Salt and pepper, Worcester sauce.

Boil it all up, stick it through a blender and back into the pan for a bit more.

Allow it to cool and pour into suitable containers and put the excess in the freezer.

I pour it into freezer bags in a tupperware box shape thing. Once frozen can be removed from tupperware and stacked neatly in freezer.

I have had a glut of tomatoes myself this year. I made this soup the other day with some of the toms & it was gorgeous. It is very simple & the only change I made to it was putting one of my homegrown chilli's into the soup, this made it lovely & spicy.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/257680/Roasted-tomato-soup

Nice one Ollie ,

Kes I've just finished a bowl off of the recipe in the link off Ollie , but used vine tomatoes,

Simple to make ,and bleddy loverley with a big dollop of cream, mmmmmmmmm

Atb

Flynny

chop them in half and put them on a baking tray cut side up, sprinkle with a little salt n pepper and some caster sugar, some thyme leaves and olive oil and put in a low oven for as long as you like , they will keep stored in a jar with olive oil for several months and can be used fo rsoups, stews, salads etc.

Sounds like a plan too me,

Atb

Flynny

Nice one Ollie ,

Kes I've just finished a bowl off of the recipe in the link off Ollie , but used vine tomatoes,

Simple to make ,and bleddy loverley with a big dollop of cream, mmmmmmmmm

Atb

Flynny

Yeah it's a quality soup & so easy. I'll certainly be making it more over the winter.

chop them in half and put them on a baking tray cut side up, sprinkle with a little salt n pepper and some caster sugar, some thyme leaves and olive oil and put in a low oven for as long as you like , they will keep stored in a jar with olive oil for several months and can be used fo rsoups, stews, salads etc.

I'm going to give that one a go.

I have a few hundredweight to deal with. :rolleyes:

:stupid:

So much for that!!

Mine are fermenting. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...