swirl pot fitting.

Albert 888

OK after loads of fueling trouble with my vw t25 van which could be down to having a carb tank running an injection system and having larger tyres on the back giving the van a better stance. Im thing of fitting a swirl pot bulkhead type fitment under my van. So how do I do it,this is what I was thinking.

Fuel tank to filter to electric pump to fill the swirl pot-another electric pump to get fuel from swirl pot to the injection rail,then return to swirl pot from injection rail and return to the tank. This way all I will have to do is buy a swirl pot off fleabags for £30 some fuel pipe and jubilee clips. What do you guys think.

Edited by Albert 888

I did a fair bit of work on swirl chambers for the first XR3i's . You need the swirl chamber in the tank where the fuel pick up is. I'd think your cheapest easiest route is get the right tank. As soon as you get down to about 3/4 of a tank your in trouble without a swirl chamber, the pump needs to be able to supply more than the maximum amount of fuel demanded to keep t he fuel cool by returning plenty back to the tank. It uses the fuel in the tank as a heat sink, if the petrol in the fuel rail starts getting too hot it can get air bubbles in it once that happens your in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...