Land Rover Discovery Sport

WinchesterDave

One passed me on the M2 early Saturday morning. I am assuming it was the sport (didn't see the badge) as it looked to small for a discovery it was more a Freelander size but was really cool. Me and my mate both went "wow, did you see that" it was moving fast. Looked really good in white.

I do not think it is on the open market yet.

I have my name down as showing interest and was told the earliest they are likely to be available for sale is March.

My local dealer is going to contact me when they have 'the one' that will be doing the rounds of the UK showrooms and was told it isn't likely to be before Christmas and again it won't be for sale only to be pawed and drooled over.

I think they have a reveal even this weekend at Birmingham bull ring they are going on all round UK go on LR website for more details.

Had a text in uni today from my dad, he was near Liverpool and one pulled up next to him he took a few pictures and sent me them it was black looked awesome I was rather jelous he'd seen one ;)

Looks like a Freelander to me. It's a shame 4x4 vehicles don't look tough any more. Very hard to think of a good rugged looking 4x4 available at the moment. The G Wagon would be good in non bling spec and the Land Rover before it's discontinued, but otherwise they're all soft curves and housewife friendly non intimidating looking things. :(

65DA88F63BF192F18EF32D3E5AC85_h498_w598_

Edited by Tim Kelly

Looks like a Freelander to me. It's a shame 4x4 vehicles don't look tough any more. Very hard to think of a good rugged looking 4x4 available at the moment. The G Wagon would be good in non bling spec and the Land Rover before it's discontinued, but otherwise they're all soft curves and housewife friendly non intimidating looking things. :(

Yeah I'd bet the freelander gets discontinued due to it having a poor reputation

And that new disco sports looks like it's based on the freelander floor pan, as is the evoque

I agree with them not looking mean so to speak but this type of vehicle isn't really marketed at the hardcore greenlaner... In reality they won't be taken off road they are a luxury family vehicle which happens to have class leading off road potential should the owner take it somewhere. They also make good tow cars don't they for people who require that such as horses and caravans. The fact it has got the off road potential though is reassuring to the driver I guess that they have a vehicle that of required can go above and beyond most others... Plus I think it's a great looking car but that's my opinion lol

agreed, its all girly curves these days, altho the pathfinder still manages to look a bit manly...except that silly over the top chrome effect plastic grill cover.

It looks like they've nicked a load of Citroen design cues for this.

Edited by thepasty

and as usual will cost a mint to mend...and will be impossible to poke under the bonnet...unless you have a 1st in computor science and £10,000 's worth of programmes and special tools

what is the army going to replace the landrover with...when it is discontinued ??

and as usual will cost a mint to mend...and will be impossible to poke under the bonnet...unless you have a 1st in computor science and £10,000 's worth of programmes and special tools

what is the army going to replace the landrover with...when it is discontinued ??

Hmmm I'm thinking special vehicles will build limited numbers for MOD and utilities?

from what ive hears india will be buying all the pressing equip for the landrover defender,,,and building them over there, but because of the EU emmisions laws we wont be able to import them !!

i cant see mecedes supplying the army with G-Wagons.....

It is indeed replacing Freelander 2, will be offered in 2 wheel drive versions and has a 7 seat option. Defender goes next year.

Not just emissions, pedestrian safety is zero. LR make a fortune selling the expensive stuff, Defender is almost hand built ( which is why the panel fit is still poor and the screens still leak from new)

Edited by keg

Yeah I'd bet the freelander gets discontinued due to it having a poor reputation

And that new disco sports looks like it's based on the freelander floor pan, as is the evoque

It is no great secret that the Freelander is being discontinued and the Disco Sport is built on the same platform with running gear, suspension and various other upgrades.

I think it will take sales from the RR Sport, being much less expensive.

It is no great secret that the Freelander is being discontinued and the Disco Sport is built on the same platform with running gear, suspension and various other upgrades.

I think it will take sales from the RR Sport, being much less expensive.

I have always loved everything LR, Defender, Range Rover + Sport, Freelander, Discovery, Evoque, etc, everything except reliability which is why I wouldn't buy one. Credit where it's due they have always got the marketing right because they continue to sell in huge numbers world wide despite others in the same market segment having better longevity reputation.

The RR Sport is much more expensive than the new Discovery Sport so I doubt they would clash in that sense and I'd be amazed if LR would have made such an obvious mistake.

Edited by Hamster