Browning invector chokes lost at Barrow Heath 5/10/2014

ehb102

Shooting Barrow Heath today and at stand 13 either my box of Browning invector chokes was taken when I was up shooting from the platform or I left them on the ground when I moved off to shoot stand 8. I certainly didn't have the chokes before my turn to shoot at the next stand and went back to check no more than fifteen minutes after I left stand 13. They haven't been handed in and I am annoyed as I had 2 each of cyl, skeet, half, three quarters and full in a transparent plastic box (set that came with the gun, double set was a gift from a friend, skeet chokes purchased separately). If anyone sees them or knows anything about them I'd love to hear or even get them back. I insisted the ground took my number and some details but I'm not hopeful.

That's rotten luck. The only consolation I can offer is that, if you are obliged to buy new chokes, you can take the opportunity to buy some that will pattern much better than the Browning originals. I like Muller chokes but almost any of the after-market makes will serve you well. Conversely, your chokes will not help anyone to shoot better, maybe worse. Not trying to knock Browning guns: I have two 325s and love their quality, but it is generally accepted, particularly in the USA, that the factory Invectors were built for cheapness.

Are this invector plus? Bcos I have some invector plus chokes ( skeet and full) that you hve if you don't get ta back.

Hope you do find then

ATB

That is so incredibly kind of you. Thank you. I'm honestly touched. That offer has gone a long way to restoring my faith in shooting people. Sadly for me my chokes were flush so I don't think the plus will work.

That's rotten luck. The only consolation I can offer is that, if you are obliged to buy new chokes, you can take the opportunity to buy some that will pattern much better than the Browning originals. I like Muller chokes but almost any of the after-market makes will serve you well. Conversely, your chokes will not help anyone to shoot better, maybe worse. Not trying to knock Browning guns: I have two 325s and love their quality, but it is generally accepted, particularly in the USA, that the factory Invectors were built for cheapness.

Now that is the most positive spin anyone has managed to put on losing £300 of kit! Good point, that man. It's made me smile.

Edited by ehb102

If you open your gun,

On the flats where the proof marks and barrel length is, it will say either Invector or Invector +

The fact that they are flush fitting or extended doesn't matter,

What gun are they off?

The standard flush Invector chokes are shorter than the standard flush Invector +

Just measured and standard flush Invector + chokes are 60mm long I would guess that Invector chokes are between 40 - 50mm long

:shaun:

As above, yet me know if your gun uses invector plus. If it's just invector chokes then I'm afraid mine won't fit :(

If they are invector plus, like I said u can have my skeet and full (flush fitting) as I can't see

Myself using them. Unfortantly I'm using 1/4 and 1/2 and don't have any spares otherwise you could of had them.

Anyway yet me know what chokes ur gun uses.

ATB

Solz

Edited by solz

As above, yet me know if your gun uses invector plus. If it's just invector chokes then I'm afraid mine won't fit :(

If they are invector plus, like I said u can have my skeet and full (flush fitting) as I can't see

Myself using them. Unfortantly I'm using 1/4 and 1/2 and don't have any spares otherwise you could of had them.

Anyway yet me know what chokes ur gun uses.

ATB

Solz

It's impossible not to be moved by that generous offer. Consequently, as I use none of those supplied with the Maxus (Plus), I have the full set - TC, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full and the 2" extended 1/2 to which you are welcome to any or all to make up your full set.

If you open your gun,

On the flats where the proof marks and barrel length is, it will say either Invector or Invector +

What gun are they off?

The standard flush Invector chokes are shorter than the standard flush Invector +

Just measured and standard flush Invector + chokes are 60mm long I would guess that Invector chokes are between 40 - 50mm long

:shaun:

Invector are 38mm (1.5")

You guys are all great. Thank you so much. I've just got my Internet back, had to replace the router last night. I'll get the gun out this evening and check for the kind of chokes.

Sunday really soured me for shooting. I had two days when I actually didn't want to go out. Wouldn't have gone if you'd paid for the cartridges and clays! I'm feeling much better now though. I'll post properly later.

If you open your gun,

What gun are they off?

Great instructions, thank you. I've checked and it says "invector" not "invector +", which seems to fit with a 1990s Browning 425. So I guess lots of what was kindly offered wouldn't work. I have two quarters left to me. If anyone does have anything else they can spare or even sell to me I would very much like to hear from you. PM might be better at this stage.

After some Googling I found "half price teague chokes" but all they had was an extra full. I was using 3/4 and full for the occasions I shot trap, but extra full? Above my paygrade! I did look at buying some Muller chokes as the nice chap from Just Choking heard of my plight and said he would let me have them for cost, but they are still a big investment. As I'm having a baby in a couple of months I just want to make sure I have the gun in good enough order that I'm not put off taking it out again asap. It is however my birthday on Tuesday so I might be lucky enough to get some money, or probably vouchers I can swap into elsewhere in the budget.

I am really grateful for the support shown to me.

If ur not fixed up by mid Nov when im back in the UK then im sure I have some spares for sure laying around.

All mine now are Briley Ext jobs and being a tart I even changed them for the shiny colour coded anodised ones :-)

Tart!

Liz i have a couple of spares, your welcome too there is a Teague extended 1/2 and teagues extended ported1/4 and 3/8

post-21278-0-83280300-1412801843_thumb.jpg

Edited by HDAV

Its either the "Tart" part of me or the "magpie" part for my love of shiny things.........

Thought I had all the chokes I could need for the couple of 425's I have but then had to get some more when the Invector plus Maxus gained its place in the toy cabinet.