firearms officers...dont you just love em!!!!

millrace

Obviously the people who wish to shoot.or do you think the public should subsidise your pleasure.there are many walks of life where people have to undertake courses and exams on a regular basis at their cost to be able to do their day job so as to keep their family and their homes. My daughters both went to university to gain degree's in nursing yet they have to pay to be on the register so that they can do their job and look after people.even the labourer on the building site must undertake courses on a regular basis to be able to work.yet you should have no training of any kind to be in possession of a weapon that is designed to do nothing other than take life. How arrogant.

Arrogant you say?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I pay, it's not for my benefit!

Obviously the people who wish to shoot.or do you think the public should subsidise your pleasure.there are many walks of life where people have to undertake courses and exams on a regular basis at their cost to be able to do their day job so as to keep their family and their homes. My daughters both went to university to gain degree's in nursing yet they have to pay to be on the register so that they can do their job and look after people.even the labourer on the building site must undertake courses on a regular basis to be able to work.yet you should have no training of any kind to be in possession of a weapon that is designed to do nothing other than take life. How arrogant.

The public would be subsidizing their misconception! The public should pay at least 50% of any costs incurred by the state relating to private firearm ownership because they are the ones demanding the regulation in the first place.

The public would be subsidizing their misconception! The public should pay at least 50% of any costs incurred by the state relating to private firearm ownership because they are the ones demanding the regulation in the first place.

It is also the public or as it is widely known society which demands regulations with driving so do you suggest the public purse pays for your training and license for that.maybe even your insurance and mot as that is also for the benefit of others.also lots of other activities require training and licensing pilots ship captains for example should they also be paid for as it is there to protect the public.I would love to see things from your point of view.but I can't get my head that far up my own a*se.

It is also the public or as it is widely known society which demands regulations with driving so do you suggest the public purse pays for your training and license for that.maybe even your insurance and mot as that is also for the benefit of others.also lots of other activities require training and licensing pilots ship captains for example should they also be paid for as it is there to protect the public.I would love to see things from your point of view.but I can't get my head that far up my own a*se.

Clearly you have tried.

.always a pleasure to hear from you. :friends:

There is one thing for sure you wont die with any laughter lines :no:

:oops::whistling::yahoo:

The public purse already pays for the police to monitor the roads, police speed cameras, traffic signals, the courts the list goes on. It is laughable if you think that your road tax pays anything like near the cost of having a road infrastructure. The public pay for it and it is because it is in everyones interests road user or not. Why should shooting be any different especially when, unlike with the roads, much of the regulation is unnecessary. Maybe you should of thought of that before you let rip with the unnecessary ad hominem attack ...

Edited by srspower

The public purse already pays for the police to monitor the roads, police speed cameras, traffic signals, the courts the list goes on. It is laughable if you think that your road tax pays anything like near the cost of having a road infrastructure. The public pay for it and it is because it is in everyones interests road user or not. Why should shooting be any different especially when, unlike with the roads, much of the regulation is unnecessary. Maybe you should of thought of that before you let rip with the unnecessary ad hominem attack ...

I am fully aware that the road tax doesn't pay for all the roads. Perhaps the public purse should pay for everything then we could all enjoy 85% tax rates.I guess I am a little old fashioned and believe you should pay your own way in life and not expect others to do it for you

I am fully aware that the road tax doesn't pay for all the roads. Perhaps the public purse should pay for everything then we could all enjoy 85% tax rates.I guess I am a little old fashioned and believe you should pay your own way in life and not expect others to do it for you

And very RUDE

And very RUDE

I think it must be a modern thing with all this political correctness rubbish that today's people seem to love that anyone who tells it like it is you know call a spade a spade is bring rude.perhaps a knitting forum may be more to the liking of some of the sensitive little lovies on here.

I think it must be a modern thing with all this political correctness rubbish that today's people seem to love that anyone who tells it like it is you know call a spade a spade is bring rude.perhaps a knitting forum may be more to the liking of some of the sensitive little lovies on here.

I hope you are a more pleasant person in real life than you come accross on this forum :/

Why do you find it scary that a man who uses firearms in his professional life has no interest in them in his private life.

I find it a bit strange to be honest.

Nobody's forced to do firearms duties, it's purely voluntary.

Would you expect a mounted policeman to hate horses, a dog handler to be an animal hater, or a police diver to be scared of water, or a copper afraid of flying to apply for the air support unit?

To want to be a firearms officer without any interest in the 'tools of the trade' would be quite bizarre, and I would go as far as to say it would make someone with those attributes quite unsuitable for the job.

I can understand not wanting to have an interest in guns outside of work. When I leave work it's like flicking a switch, whereby any aspect of work is forgotton about until I'm back in work again. This 'switch' transition doesn't mean you're bad at your job or not interested in it.

I find it a bit strange to be honest.

Nobody's forced to do firearms duties, it's purely voluntary.

Would you expect a mounted policeman to hate horses, a dog handler to be an animal hater, or a police diver to be scared of water, or a copper afraid of flying to apply for the air support unit?

To want to be a firearms officer without any interest in the 'tools of the trade' would be quite bizarre, and I would go as far as to say it would make someone with those attributes quite unsuitable for the job.

I have relatives and friends in the armed forces.all of them have weapons in their daily lives.we will call it work.they join up for a career.because they want to be patriotic and serve for their country.however only one of them does any shooting outside of the army and he only shoots clays rarely. I can imagine that a man who signs on for armed duties may just see it as a chance to protect society not fulfill his personal interest in guns.I would say that anyone who wanted to spend his working life and his private life around guns could be border line obsessive and that could be scary.I own a block of stables yet have no interest in horses.

I have relatives and friends in the armed forces.all of them have weapons in their daily lives.we will call it work.they join up for a career.because they want to be patriotic and serve for their country.however only one of them does any shooting outside of the army and he only shoots clays rarely. I can imagine that a man who signs on for armed duties may just see it as a chance to protect society not fulfill his personal interest in guns.

HAVING spent some 35 years in, and working with, the armed forces, as far as I recall everyone I knew/met joined up simply because they needed a job, fancied the life and their given particular trade and were going to get paid.

I would say that anyone who wanted to spend his working life and his private life around guns could be border line obsessive and that could be scary.

I WOULD imagine that that has upset the 'smiths on here.

I own a block of stables yet have no interest in horses.

YOU haven't said whether or not the following is applicable, but do you have any interest in the money that such could possibly bring in?

I would say that anyone who wanted to spend his working life and his private life around guns could be border line obsessive and that could be scary

I know a guy that owns a gun shop, and shoots clays at the weekend, do you find that scary. Lots of people make their living at something they have an interest in, and still have that interest after work as well. Owning a golf shop and playing golf at the weekends, do you find obsessive golfers scary. ?

I would say that anyone who wanted to spend his working life and his private life around guns could be border line obsessive and that could be scary.

So that would include every single RFD I know, and I know a lot, two professional coaches and two coppers I know well; one retired the other still serving. You appear to have an uncanny knack for insulting people; what I can't figure out is whether it's intentional or whether you just don't think.

I know a guy that owns a gun shop, and shoots clays at the weekend, do you find that scary. Lots of people make their living at something they have an interest in, and still have that interest after work as well. Owning a golf shop and playing golf at the weekends, do you find obsessive golfers scary. ?

Yes if I stood in a shop serving all day I might still enjoy shooting on my days off after all selling and using are two different things.I know a chap in my local dealers very knowledgeable on all guns as you would expect from rfd staff gave up shooting for a few years as he lost all interest.he is back shooting again now but no nearly as much as he used to.the point was originally that because a man's job means he is trained to kill with a firearm it does not naturally follow he would have to be interested in them in his private leisure time. Edited by bostonmick