On the Wash with Ayano3

Richie10

This is a bit of a late report on a great weekend spent up the Wash with Graham.

I had been on the Wash previously but on my own and with no clue, so it was a really great experience to be out with someone who really has put their time in on the marsh.

Well I can tell you that I got to have some great wildlife sightings, some missed opportunities and a results. Even went pigeon shooting inbetween flights.

I cannot get over the size of the marshes up on the Wash and the amount of birds you see moving about incredible.

Very grateful for the great weekend with Graham, very decent chap and great company.

I will be returning the favour down on my marshes which are tiny in comparison.

Cheers

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I was out with Graham this evening , I think by the end of this season I will have taught him enough that he will in time become a very good guide :whistling:

The best thing with being out with Graham is the fact that if there are duck about they are much more likely to come over you than him :)

That's a well known fact mate. Even wearing my wagbi tie didn't help. Even your dog felt guilty and bought your duck to me. I suppose it don't cost me much in cartridges I think I lose more than I use. I will have to take matt as he scares them my way.

It was not because he was feeling guilty , I had a word with him so he brought it over so you don't forget what they look like :lol:

That's a well known fact mate. Even wearing my wagbi tie didn't help. Even your dog felt guilty and bought your duck to me. I suppose it don't cost me much in cartridges I think I lose more than I use. I will have to take matt as he scares them my way.

You'll have to remind me what a marsh looks like first...

????? Depends!!!! Which club are you in?? You need to be a member or on a permit! If you don't know the ground well please seek out a guide or someone to tag along with who does know it well.

????? Depends!!!! Which club are you in?? You need to be a member or on a permit! If you don't know the ground well please seek out a guide or someone to tag along with who does know it well.