Price of diesel

aris

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1.30 /ltr at Murco. I don't use supermarket diesel, after reading all the reports about it not being good quality. It does'nt harm your engine, but according to these reports, decreases your miles per gallon usage, which wipes out the savings per ltr.

I use Morrisons diesel and over all the other fuels that is the best in my hilux the only two that i won"t use id asda its carp i get 5mpg less with it and tesco even if i am nearly running out il pass and go to another.

at the moment its £1.29.9

but i do run on bio diesel mix untill winter hits then straight diesel

Around here the name brand diesel is the same price or within a penny of the supermarkets. My local Esso is the cheapest of them all - currently 125.9 - 1p less than the supermarketsl. Why risk it with supermarket fuel when it is virtually the same price elsewhere?

What £125.9 thats cheap its not been that price around hear for years

What £125.9 thats cheap its not been that price around hear for years

Well 125.9p/l is the cheapest i've seen it in a long time too - the low oil price and a supermarket price war are steadily bringing it down. I bet it will come down a few more pence too. Saying that - it wasn't that long ago when it broke the 100p mark :/

Edited by aris

My friend has picked fuel up from immingham refinery for about 15 yrs and has said the majority of supermarket tankers morrisons stobart etc run from the Russian tankers where as the premium suppliers run from Saudi and Far East tankers own opinion shell fuel is far superior to your supermarkets this comes from driving millions of miles in a taxi 24/7...

Anybody else noticed Tesco have turned off there petrol price signs. March/Kings Lynn both had them turned off today. MORE TESCO UNDERHAND TACK-TICKS!

Not that i use them just noticed when there's a price drop this is what they do time & time again, conning B******!

Used Sainsburys at King Lynn 126.9 diesel today.

fenman99

Can anyone tell me why our petrol and diesel is sold to decimal points of .9 and .7 etc of a penny? How can I buy exactly a litre?

I believe historical reasons - it made a much bigger difference to the total cost when fuel was cheaper. Also, now that it is more expensive, it makes it look a bit cheaper than it is. For instance, 129.9p looks cheaper than 130.0. And while it is technically cheaper, it isn't by much - it tricks the mind. Marketing.

I believe historical reasons - it made a much bigger difference to the total cost when fuel was cheaper. Also, now that it is more expensive, it makes it look a bit cheaper than it is. For instance, 129.9p looks cheaper than 130.0. And while it is technically cheaper, it isn't by much - it tricks the mind. Marketing.

I can see the marketing bit! But can't remember when we could ever pay .9 of a penny 1/2p yes I do remember!

My point is Asda will only sell me 2 litres minimum. If I buy 2 litres at £1.29.9 per litre how can I pay £2.59.8?

Madness I tells you!

I can see the marketing bit! But can't remember when we could ever pay .9 of a penny 1/2p yes I do remember!

My point is Asda will only sell me 2 litres minimum. If I buy 2 litres at £1.29.9 per litre how can I pay £2.59.8?

Madness I tells you!

Asda up here sells it at .7 of a penny, ie £1.29.7 per litre, just to undercut the £1.129.9 stations :)

:shaun:

Was 124.9 for Diesel this morning at the local Esso. 120.9 for petrol - whoa!

i have just been on Esso price finder and can"t find it at that price but what i did see was the 5 Esso that are local to me all have a different price which is 10p a litre from cheapest. it pi55es me off when its the same company it should have the same price where ever its is in the uk . There is garages not 100 yrds apart and i have seen tankers fill one up then pull into the other and do the same and forecourt price is 5p difference :no:

• 3 weeks later...