Clacton by election

Lampwick

It's all gone rather quite in the National media regarding the Clacton by election. Are the lefties getting worried that their barracking of UKIP appears to be backfiring?

I wonder what spin The Tories have in place? "It's a protest vote"

So how will it go?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas Carswell is decent bloke and a very good constituency MP, I expect he'll win comfortably, and rightly so.

There were a couple of Q&A programmes on the BBC a couple of nights ago and the bias against Carswell, and on another show Suzanne Evans was unbelievable. They're obviously doing everything they can to try and stifle the UKIP vote!!

The Middleton and Heywood vote should see UKIP take a very credible 2nd place pushing the Tories into third place, and I suspect the Lib Dumbs will lose their deposit!! How ANYONE could still vote for Labour up there, after their complicity in the recent child abuse scandal, is beyond comprehension.

A good day for UKIP today, and with Mark Recless ahead in the polls in Strood, and I suspect we'll see a few more defections before May next year.

Middleton & Heywood has always been a typical Labour working class type area, v proud. On a good day with a fair wind, UKIP could just take top spot. It's not far from Rochdale and Cyril Smith...

Labour gave up on the 'working' class about 20 years ago, when they started promoting the non working class, the feckless and the ******* useless!!

It's apathy and ignorance that sways any working voter to place their 'X' in the Labour box.

As a party Labour should be consigned to the annals of history, where they undoubtedly belong.

I would love to see UKIP give them a kicking, but I can't see it happening today unfortunately.

I'm sure if you watch newsnight you'll get you UKIP fix.

Whilst I'm on, I will be the first to say well done to UKIP for getting their first seat in the commons. I'm no fan of them or their opaque policies, but they have played a good game (i will edit this if he dosent win :oops:)

Or it is the case that you effectively can't report on an election in progress beyond saying that voting is taking place...

Yep that's the case but it's noticeable that they don't really want to "big it up"

Can't wait for a UKIP victory to see the reaction from the also rans!

Yep that's the case but it's noticeable that they don't really want to "big it up"

Can't wait for a UKIP victory to see the reaction from the also rans!

It depends on the situation but they don't generally 'big up' bielections as they are more of a local event than national, this one however will get more coverage than usual. I will await the obligatory paranoia about too much/not enough/lefty/scared reporting tomorrow.

Nearly a 12,500 majority for UKIP in Clacton. Tory's, 8,000 odd.

Labour only just held on in Middleton & Heywood with a 6000 majority slashed to 617, with UKIP 2nd. The bigger of the two results.

I'd be interested to see the postal vote figures for Heywood and Middleton. I'd guess without these it would have been a different result.

I watched Question time last night , certainly no anti UKIP on there . I note Grant Shraps on the news this morning still saying go to bed with UKIP wake up with Milipede, and that they ( the Tory's ) are the only ones offering a vote on Europe. He claims they are trying to make it law for the vote and it will happen in 2018. Cameron originally said it would be 2015 I thought m then 2017 now it's 2018.