Club George Digweed

dougall

I saw GD was launching a members club,and thought I would register etc,would like to support him etc..well details are now through and whilst I wish him every success in maximising 'brand digweed' I was a bit taken aback by the costs;

annual membership standard member,which gets you a bag tag,discount at a few shooting grounds and a monthly video of tips £250 per annum.Gold membership,which in addition to standard membership is basically a cartridge pouch,VIP club shoot and the right to pay GD for lessons and/or use GDs sporting agency for driven shooting @ £1,000 per annum.

I was hoping for say insurance thrown in and say group lessons etc ;has anyone else looked at this?

Whilst I was tempted to join it seems an expensive way to put myself on a database for x selling shooting stuff and whilst I would love to be involved I question the pricing policy. Have any other PWs registered with this? Anyone signing up?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An eyewatering charge, you could get alot of one to one lessons with some very good tutors for that cost. It would seem to me, to be aimed at the affluent game shooters, although looking at the video it appears to be aimed at clay shots.Having said that , George is without doubt the most successful, competitve clay shot ,so pays your money takes your choice.To have lessons with a top notch shooter will most definatly make even the poorest shot think they can take on the world. Confidence is the key word here but do you need to join the club to book a lesson with him, I think not....from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

I guess it all comes down to what people think value for money is.

If members have the chance to pop some questions to GD and this is then picked up as part of his monthly videos then it might represent a good opportunity. I thought the first video was pretty good and fairly comprehensive in its coverage. If each video that follows on is of equal quality and also gives the members a chance to influence what is in those videos then the basic membership is probably not so expensive, especially if you can benefit from any of the discounts at shooting grounds, etc.

I guess that a lot remains to be seen, how accessible will GD be in real terms, will each monthly video update come out reliably and on time, will there be unique opportunities for Club Digweed members to get to shoot with GD, etc.

As everything is based down in the south east, so far, then there would be little value in me joining as I would not benefit from any of the additional value add services, just the videos and £250pa is OTT for that. If I was in the south east I would probably think about it a bit more.

I hope that it does develop and evolve into something that is worthwhile.

He is being entrepreneurial and using his good name, I wish him luck with it.

Too pricy for me but many will pay

That is to be seen,

Plenty of coaches on here to make you a better shot for a lot less money.

Figgy

Indeed £1000 a year on lessons should get anyone into A class! In a few years...

An extra thousand a year on practice with a few good lessons would work wonders for anyone learning or wanting to better their scores.

Good luck to him, some will pay the price because they can, don't think it's really aimed at your normal everyday shot.

Figgy