Buying a car mileage

ferguson_tom

This is more a rant than anything else but its been doing my head in. Say a car has 140000 miles on the clock then say this is nothing for a whatever type of car it is. The other day I sore a VW passat with over 200000 miles and the idiot said that is nothing for a VW. If it is nothing for your miracle VW why is there not 100s of them available with this mileage and why do they only sell for pennies.

IDIOTS!!!! rant over.

My Transit is good for moon miles, as were the other 7 before it..... Another thing I love is when you find a car dealer who is selling two identical cars. One of which has 50,000 miles on it and the other 150,000 miles. Show interest in the one with more miles and suddenly mileage is just a number to the dealer. So why are you selling the same car with less miles for more then? Did you not just tell me mileagebwas just a number? Chancers

Long motorway miles at low revs is what engines are designed for, the yanks and Aussies would wet them selves at 100k being high...... They do big big miles, there is a V8 sold in aus with a 100k km service interval (62k miles) the oil isn't cheap but they will do 500k km in a car no worries!

My cars all diesel were sold or scrapped at 180k, 225k, 107k (current) + 125k (works vehicle) my dads car is on 150k and sisters 100k we don't buy cars very often and typically keep for 10 years.... In the family. Most recent one has been most agro and is lowest mileage!

I owned a mondeo bought 6 months old in 06 used as a taxi drove 210k in 3 yrs no problem no clutch injector etc

I honestly believe that cars would last several times longer if they had the same responsible owner that drove sensibly

But you never no a cars past or how it's been drove you pay your money you take your chance.

For what it's worth my friends driving around in his old taxi skoda Octavia he bought new ,now used as his family car with 490k on.

I dont think milage is such an issue as long a there is a document service history.The only down side is if you want to buy a warrenty the milage may be an issue re the cost of that warranty or even if you can get a warrenty at all.It used to be that for every 1000mls over the top of the anual milage (12,000) that a dealer knocks £100 of the trade in value.