moon flights

AberFowl

How many of you venture out to sit a full (or near enough full) moon?

The last 2 nights have been very bright but no cloud cover at all meaning I haven't had chance to get a go under this moon yet! Hoping the cloud clears up just abit for this evening.

Anybody had any success this or past seasons?

I have shot duck under the moonlight but never a goose..its top of the want list at present!

Its not all about the actual shooting, but its frustrating if you can hear but not see as above. Under the moon all alone but for a dog and the sound of the marsh, awaiting the push of the tide it hardly matters if you get a shot or not. Try as I might to feel otherwise a total blank at evening flight over some decoys on a flash is nothing but a waste of time by comparison.

I know it's well worth it even if you don't get a shot. If I was wanting shooting I would not be a wildfowler. But when you have to get up at half five for work and want to sit out on a flooded marsh until 2am you would like to think you would be at least able to see something even if you don't get a shot. It's lessening the odds for me.