A300 xtrema

Crumpler1991

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, forgot to ask before; label on the case says to avoid fibre wad carts, can someone explain why that is? Can fire wad carts be used in this gun?

Post a pic up if you can. Think they might just be random info from the manual,as mine says the valve must be fitted onto the barrel not the mag tube. With a section number.

Here's the sticker on mine.

Figgypost-15874-0-48752900-1413743100_thumb.jpg

Edited by figgy

Here's your problem

Completely different gun ..

Even so i cant see whats thats got to do with use of fibre wads ?

Hes on about lights strikes caused be the owner not putting the barrel in correctly .

Edited by stevo

Figgy, yes I too have that sticker but immediately to the left of it is a 2nd sticker. but I can't seem to import a photo of it using iPhone to this post. However the exact text is; "Attention: for optimum long term use from you new beretta semi automatic, please use medium (32g/1.1/8oz) during the intial running in period. Lower powered, and especially those with felt wads, may not produce sufficient gas pressure to cycle be mechanism." Next to this text on the sticker is a big exclamation triangle sign with "32g only" in big text under the sign.

To clarify my last post, questioning the use of fibre wads, was in relation to the break in period, this I should have made clear.

Which is my next question; what is the "runing in period" I.e how many carts does beretta expect to be fired (in 32g or heavier) before the period is considered complete ?

Edited by Gin steady shooter

All that is saying is .. depending on what fibre shells you use . You may NOT have enough pressure to cycle the action ( DURING THE INTITAL RUNNING IN ) . As your barrel is back bored . as it may struggle with cheap hard wads to get a decent gas seal . mine and figgys have been fine from the off .

Stop worrying and use the thing . If it makes you feel better fire a couple of boxes of 32 grm plaswad through . But it wont make any difference . YOU CAN FIRE ANYTHING FROM 24 gram in 65 mm TO 64 gram in 3.5" . In steel / plaswad / fibre wad

Edited by stevo

Stevo, thanks and yes I have already fire 3 boxes of plastic wad 32g through her yesterday.

I'm Not worried, And I intend to shoot this gun as much as possible, Iam just trying to make sense of instructions that don't fully explain why, or for how long, an action should be undertaken.

To those In the know; then fine you would disregard this instruction. For those of us without such knowledge; it would prudent to ask questions rather than assume.

As I said before, I'm new to autos; so keen to learn. :)

Stevo, thanks and yes I have already fire 3 boxes of plastic wad 32g through her yesterday.

I'm Not worried, And I intend to shoot this gun as much as possible, Iam just trying to make sense of instructions that don't fully explain why, or for how long, an action should be undertaken.

To those In the know; then fine you would disregard this instruction. For those of us without such knowledge; it would prudent to ask questions rather than assume.

As I said before, I'm new to autos; so keen to learn. :)

I know what you mean , but I wouldn't worry to much , your NOT doing anything wrong , with regards to running it in ,,,,, you've done it , just keep it keen , VERY lightly oiled . And go forth my friend and enjoy it .

p.s welcome to the club .

By lightly oiled the bolt slides and rails and the rotating bolt where it slides and rotates back and forth in the bolt block. Any excess oil is soon thrown out.

To post a pic from iPhone, email the pic back to yourself on your phone choosing a medium setting below 500kb. Save it to your photos then when your posting go on the choose file pic the phone photo album and pic the photo you want then attatch this file add it to your post and your done.

figgy

Edited by figgy

yeah like I said , that's just on about running in period ,like I say the barrel is back bored and cheep fibre shells ( mainly ) have hard wads and don't expand too well in back bored barrels and thus don't produce a decent gas seal , , However I have been shooting semi autos for the past 15 yrs plus and am yet to find a half decent shell that wont perform ,

its nothing more than a general disclaimer , after all the 3.5 " chamber is a fairly big lump . also for the record I have had the same or similar written in all the handbooks for the semi autos I have owned .

Yes I figured it was probably a generic sticker. It got me Wondereding why tho. So thanks for clearing that up.

I noticed the back bore, or could it have been the focing cone, when cleaning with the mop head the other day; which left streaks at the start of barrel (probably wasent wide enough to reach the bored out section).

What's beast to clean a back bore/ auto with? Bore snake?

I always use a traditional wooden rod with phosphor bronze brush and wool mop . I clean with "Phillips barrel cleaner " . All metal and moving parts are cleaned and lightly lubricated with " leiga spray " . I also use the leiga to wipe everything down when im done

I can only really advise from the reception i would get from my local club . But i cant see a problem . Just place the mag spacer in to reduce it to one in chamber and one in mag . Keep it sleeved until you shoot . Then place back in sleeve in between stands . i cant see a problem . You may get a few looks . But dont worry .

Keep the bolt open in between stands sleeve it and you should be ok. Not sure if camo is allowed under cpsa rules. No slings on the gun, had to remove my sling when I used my semi once for registered.

Loads shoot semi autos for registered comps, iirc catamong shoots a Benelli SuperSport.

Figgy

• 1 month later...

Hello gents, been waiting for my camo A300. First one turned up with lumps (ok, chips really) of camo missing around stock/receiver junction. Had a call from the dealer today. Says replacement one has the same issue.

Anyone have the camo version that can shed some light for me, are they all like this? I think I may end up with the black version at this rate.

I am not going to fork out over a grand on a new gun, with damage, when I have bought used camo guns without a mark on them! I know they are not show pieces but this doesn't say much for quality control.

Not very impressed so far i have to say.

if you want one I n mint condition I traded mine in at elderkins only fired 100 shots loose the vat and depreciation

If you dont mind me asking how did it go from your post of 12 / 11/14 saying

"Used my new a300 xtrema today loved it think its the dogs nackers"

To having got rid of it already ?

if you want one I n mint condition I traded mine in at elderkins only fired 100 shots loose the vat and depreciation

If you dont mind me asking how did it go from your post of 12 / 11/14 saying

"Used my new a300 xtrema today loved it think its the dogs nackers"

To having got rid of it already ?

haha I was just about to say that