Renewal security visit

HDAV

MOst FLO/FEO aren't warrant card carrying police IIRC many are retired or ex police officers which means they may not have the crown exemption I'm not sure they are crown employees but are they exempted (like serving police and military)???? I dont know....

From my perspective I would rather they left happy and with more knowledge than they arrived....

oh dear I seem to have upset you once again.i also notice that you have no constructive input on this thread.i take it then that you are obviously now my personal troll.well enjoy.

I dont - thats the point of my comment.

The only sensible response to you, is to ignore you - again.

MOst FLO/FEO aren't warrant card carrying police IIRC many are retired or ex police officers which means they may not have the crown exemption I'm not sure they are crown employees but are they exempted (like serving police and military)???? I dont know....

From my perspective I would rather they left happy and with more knowledge than they arrived....

I would say that flo and feo will have the same exemption. After all it would be a ridiculous state if they did not and the bloke driving the post office van delivering them to dealers is exempt.

oh dear I seem to have upset you once again.i also notice that you have no constructive input on this thread.i take it then that you are obviously now my personal troll.well enjoy.

I dont - thats the point of my comment.

The only sensible response to you, is to ignore you - again.

Oh no ignored by Kes again.my life is truly over.

I would say that flo and feo will have the same exemption. After all it would be a ridiculous state if they did not and the bloke driving the post office van delivering them to dealers is exempt.

I believe that it was overandunder2012 on an unrelated topic that coined the phrase, “Many a true word”! :)

Why would you even open your gun cabinet? they are there to check security not inspect firearms , tell em to try to open it themselves without the key if they want to be thourough

In my case it was a renewal so they wanted to check the serial numbers and the BS no on the cabinet.

Also if you don't open the cab how do they know the guns are in there? And not behind the door in the shed?

Edited by HDAV

For goodness sake, you are requested that your legally held firearms are checked, i would assume you are asked politely. This is expected as part of ownership of fire arms,and when you have a renewal i expect to have my firearms checked. Why not ???

so why on gods green earth does one need to get all defensive on ones soap box saying you are not touching my fire arms. If you store them as you should, then they will be safe surely. You take them out, hand them nicely to the Man in the uniform so he or She can have a look, whats the problem,. Are we to expect they are going to start swinging them round there heads. Of course not :rolleyes:

I can just imagine the comments when they leave,

"God he was a right funny bloke, and he's allowed fire arms"

DONT TOUCH MY RIFLE !!!!!!!!!!!! ITS MINE !!!!!! :w00t:

I completely agree with Dougy. People need to relax and not assume everything to do with the police or pcso s or FAOs is either a waste of time, incompetent, corrupt, useless etc etc. I have always found them to be polite and just doing their job. Perhaps that's because I don't try to be a clever clogs. Some of their admin may be irritating but I bet it is far more annoying for them to deal with.

I thought it was up to the FAO inspect the firearms and plod was only there to inspect the security of the property they probably no nothing of firearms but are trained in security

***/FLO/FEO didn't come out I had a phone renewal, went through the forms etc the serial no's on the guns.

Police officers had a sheet they filled out checked serials again, asked most of the same questions as FLO did on the phone

This is the new efficient way of doing the straight forward renewals so I was told. They said they weren't allowed to touch the guns not me. They didn't make an appointment and I could have turned them away. I chose not to. I knew I would get a visit at some point but wasnt expecting Saturday evening.

I completely agree with Dougy. People need to relax and not assume everything to do with the police or pcso s or FAOs is either a waste of time, incompetent, corrupt, useless etc etc. I have always found them to be polite and just doing their job. Perhaps that's because I don't try to be a clever clogs. Some of their admin may be irritating but I bet it is far more annoying for them to deal with.

+1 absolutely

I think anyone who is getting 'shirty' about police, etc handling a firearm/shotgun during an inspection really needs to start to get a grip on their own pretentiousness. When I had a home visit a few months ago, the FEO asked if we could go through and check the serial numbers on all my guns. Absolutely fine with me. All you have to do is ensure that when you remove the gun from the cabinet, you break/open it, check it is clear, and hand it to them showing very clearly that it is clear.

If nothing else, it shows them good practice, safe handling, and if it's a couple of PCSOs or normal bobbies that have come round, that might just educate them a little bit.

Insisting on holding the gun yourself at all times, while they read the serial number you are showing them ... well, it sounds like you don't like other people playing with your toys, and you've never grown up from when you were 6 or so.

Insisting on holding the gun yourself at all times, while they read the serial number you are showing them ... well, it sounds like you don't like other people playing with your toys, and you've never grown up from when you were 6 or so.

+ :good:

Thats another way of looking at it :lol: