Police starting unannounced visits today to legal firearms owners

Bearing in mind that ammo sales now have to be stored electronicaly possibly also on a database accessed by Police/HO,then yes they are worried about something.

So what is it? A Bosnia style ethnic cleansing situation in the UK, it wouldn't take many beheadings here for the smelly stuf to hit the fan.

Or- Ukip winning the general election handsdown and Camoron and his friends in high places not wishing to give up their power?

On the new visits if they actually happen in any number, of coarse Police will quickly tell the world of the numbers of arrests and confiscations but,if 99.99999% of visits are found to have been clear of any wrong doing,will we here the figures?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Missing weapons (2007-2011) Weapon Stolen Lost

Source: FoI request to Home Office

Shotgun

Rifle

Sound moderator

Pistol

Spare

Revolver

Slaughtering instrument

Humane killer

Musket

Gun

Spare barrels

Other

Total

I think this is the numbers quoted in the video.

I don't know it its true but read somewhere that the total numbers included those lost and stolen for the army and police within the UK. if that is true it would be very interesting to see what those numbers are

A well-presented video, with all the figures that have been presented by the police in support of this new initiative.

Would it not be a worthwhile counter by those that have the information available to them to publish the figures for the number of police firearms lost/stolen as a percentage of firearms held by the police together with the number of recorded negligent discharges, separating out deaths/injuries, etc. over the same time period to ascertain where resources would be best directed?? :whistling::)

Bearing in mind that ammo sales now have to be stored electronicaly possibly also on a database accessed by Police/HO,then yes they are worried about something.

Precisely my point. :good: Anyone purchasing ammo quantities much in excess of that previously obtained could well expect a visit.

Precisely my point. :good: Anyone purchasing ammo quantities much in excess of that previously obtained could well expect a visit.

I wouldn't think any RFD is going to sell some one 1000 rounds when it says on their FAC they can only hold 500!

would they?!

I wouldn't think any RFD is going to sell some one 1000 rounds when it says on their FAC they can only hold 500!

would they?!

Oh, come on, of course not! But what if they purchased 300 and then another 300 a month later when previously records reflected that an annual purchase of 500 was the norm.

Something that just struck me in the 80's when the IRA were "terrorists" and British streets had army check points, armed police etc this wasnt an issue the law abiding people of the land who owned firearms weren't seen as a terrorist arming point or subject to these sorts of initiatives. So now there is some trouble thousands of miles away it is?

Something that just struck me in the 80's when the IRA were "terrorists" and British streets had army check points, armed police etc this wasnt an issue the law abiding people of the land who owned firearms weren't seen as a terrorist arming point or subject to these sorts of initiatives. So now there is some trouble thousands of miles away it is?

Exactly, but nowadays they do want to target gun ownership in general. It is part of the UN anti-gun agenda and they are conveniently using terrorism so that people don't speak out about it. "After all you wouldn't want terorists getting guns would you?"

This is like the anti photography hysteria after 9/11 when anyone taking a photo of anything remotely sensitive was either grilled by the police or even arrested when they stood up for themselves.

I think there is trouble far closer to home...... Apart from the UK problems..... Just look at those Austrian pregnant girls ....... This will perpetuate problems over generations.

Whilst I think this is an ill advised publicity stunt which smears law abiding shooters, I'm not ready to buy into any UN conspiracy theory! That is proper tin foil hat territory!

It is not, look who funds the gun control network and most antigun organizations in the UK. It is IANSA.

http://www.iansa.org/

IANSA is funded by the UN. I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the UN are antigun and want to ban guns worldwide. You only have to look at the sculpture in the front of thier headquarters in New York.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/152292/530wm/C0089606-Gun_sculpture_at_United_Nations_New_York.-SPL.jpg

It is not, look who funds the gun control network and most antigun organizations in the UK. It is IANSA.

http://www.iansa.org/

IANSA is funded by the UN. I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the UN are antigun and want to ban guns worldwide. You only have to look at the sculpture in the front of thier headquarters in New York.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/152292/530wm/C0089606-Gun_sculpture_at_United_Nations_New_York.-SPL.jpg

But they don't fund ACPO or the Home Office who are responsible for the policy we are discussing. I suspect the sculpture reflects their laudible but unrealistic intent to prevent war and illegal arms trafficking. It does not mean that when the FEO interrupts my tea to look in my cabinet, that it's at the UNs bidding!!

Something sensible on the subject,

Thanks for posting. As I've said before, when it comes to quoting anything to do with firearms, from a police point of view, the figures don't always reflect the entire truth.

The media and unknowledgeable public will now be able to say to whomever cares to listen that the official figures for lost or stolen guns stands at such and such a figure, when in fact if you break down what is already a small percentage of all legitimate firearms owned, the real figure consists of many items which can't even be used as firearms such as moderators etc, for example. Included in that figure are some handguns which can't be owned by anyone other than a criminal because they were banned some years ago, so why they are included in a list of what is claimed to be legitimately owned firearms I have no idea.

In recent armistices when the general public have been allowed, for a time, to surrender guns to the police, there have indeed been some genuine functional firearms handed in, but the vast majority have consisted of replicas, deacts, antiques, air pistols, air rifles and toys such as BB or air soft. But because of the way it is allowed to be reported, ALL are lumped together and reported to the world in general as firearms.

If anyone wants to see a good example of how this works visit the 'guns in crime' section of the Leeds Armouries; there you will find a big collection of 'firearms' seized or surrendered following one of the armistices; the vast majority are non-functional. Agenda? What agenda?

Thanks for posting. As I've said before, when it comes to quoting anything to do with firearms, from a police point of view, the figures don't always reflect the entire truth.

The media and unknowledgeable public will now be able to say to whomever cares to listen that the official figures for lost or stolen guns stands at such and such a figure, when in fact if you break down what is already a small percentage of all legitimate firearms owned, the real figure consists of many items which can't even be used as firearms such as moderators etc, for example. Included in that figure are some handguns which can't be owned by anyone other than a criminal because they were banned some years ago, so why they are included in a list of what is claimed to be legitimately owned firearms I have no idea.

a?

Perhaps this would be useful PR piece of work for BASC to bottom out. particularly to weed out the figures relating to the MOD and police so we have a true picture of the figures for guns in private ownership?

Interestingly today's BBC radio reports are full of a trial where the defendant arranged to buy a handgun and silencer. Wonder if this is the catalyst for these new initiatives

"The Metropolitan Police said the men are accused of taking an oath of allegiance to the Islamic State (IS) militant group and arranging to buy a handgun equipped with a silencer and conducting "hostile reconnaissance" of a police station and Army barracks in London using Google Street View."

Edited by HDAV

But they don't fund ACPO or the Home Office who are responsible for the policy we are discussing. I suspect the sculpture reflects their laudible but unrealistic intent to prevent war and illegal arms trafficking. It does not mean that when the FEO interrupts my tea to look in my cabinet, that it's at the UNs bidding!!

NO but I am sure that each and every country's law enforcement and police force have joint co-operatives on crime, arms trafficking etc. I guess you must have heard of Interpol.

NO but I am sure that each and every country's law enforcement and police force have joint co-operatives on crime, arms trafficking etc. I guess you must have heard of Interpol.

Yes I have. Sorry, but I just don't see the link between Interpol or any other country's police force and an ACPO/HO initiative to do spot checks on UK license holders. Bad idea? Yes IMO. Influenced by the UN or Interpol? I really don't think so. :no:

Edited by Blunderbuss

The video posted by Phaedra shows that those firearms owners who are concerned to be linked to terrorism are many and feel intensely enough to video a response.

I am one of them. I have tried to put my point of view with stupid comments like those above, supported by others, (including a mod).

This site has been enjoyable but there are too many self-opinionated, rude and ignorant people allowed to run others ragged with juvenile criticisms (see above).

I'm taking a break from the site - see you.

The video posted by Phaedra shows that those firearms owners who are concerned to be linked to terrorism are many and feel intensely enough to video a response.

I am one of them. I have tried to put my point of view with stupid comments like those above, supported by others, (including a mod).

This site has been enjoyable but there are too many self-opinionated, rude and ignorant people allowed to run others ragged with juvenile criticisms (see above).

I'm taking a break from the site - see you.

+1