cheap pcp air rifles

Sam_davies

'decent' ... 'cheap'

There is a phrase : cheap for a reason. If you want quality, then you generally have to pay for it.

For £200, you'll get a good quality springer. Most PCPs at that price are either poorly built, in need of major work, or are scams.

Having said that, you might get lucky.

Why are you set on a PCP Sam?

As a newcomer to air rifles you might be better starting with a springer, you are more likely to get a reasonable gun for the money and once you can shoot a springer, a PCP will be a doddle in the future. You say £200 gun only but with a PCP you'll need a pump or bottle, another £140 -£200 and then a scope, £50 upwards and a bag, £25 or more before you start buying pellets. If anything goes wrong with a PCP (and it will!) they are far more difficult to repair as well. The Raider may be a genuine bargain but don't jump in too quick!

Thanks for the reply, im set on a pcp because i have been using a pcp at my local shooting range, ive owned a springer before and im not keen. Plus, i think the pcp would be quieter for rabbits, i currently have permission for my shotgun, but like to use an air rifle for rabbits and such. All advice is appreciated :)

Agree with the S300-very good rifle just a bit dated but more than capable of giving more modern guns a run for their money. Dont forget that if you buy from a shop without seeing the gun (sometimes the only way if the rifle you want, at the price you want, is hundreds of miles away) then you are covered by distance selling regs-if for ANY reason you decide against the gun then you have 7 days to return it-you are only liable for postage.PS-if you add your location to your profile it could help.

Edited by bruno22rf

• 1 month later...

Hi all, what decent cheap pcp air rifles can i get for about £200, only the gun.

Cheers

You won't get a new one for that price, but there are plenty of 2nd hand ones around. Try Gunstar etc. BSA Ultras are great, Hatsans not so great, but all of them will be fairly accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the S300-very good rifle just a bit dated but more than capable of giving more modern guns a run for their money. Dont forget that if you buy from a shop without seeing the gun (sometimes the only way if the rifle you want, at the price you want, is hundreds of miles away) then you are covered by distance selling regs-if for ANY reason you decide against the gun then you have 7 days to return it-you are only liable for postage.PS-if you add your location to your profile it could help.

The distance sellers act is no more, is the consumer contracts regulations so you have 14 days to cancel not 7.

Anyone that knocks an at44 hasn't tried one or is a brand snob. They are nose heavy but I manage to shoot one off hand, bipod, sitting and prone without issue. Excellent value for money new and second hand, good reviews everywhere for it. I almost bought from the likes of Falcon, BSA and alike but they offered nothing more for the extra £150-£200 price tag. Second hand at44 are still around £280 with a basic scope

You will also need a WW seal kit though and be fairly proficient at taking it apart and rebuilding it but it is the cheapest way to a pcp! But it is still under £200 even with the seal kit.

You are looking at £110 for the gun £50 for the bottle and £10 for the seal kit!

Edited by secretagentmole