Spotlight Pod Wiring

CZ550Kevlar

Ok i`ve figured the wires etc out on the relays and i`m all set to go, However.........

The light bar is going on the roof and i need to run the wires down into the engine bay to tap into the wiring for the headlights and the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run the wiring from the roof into the engine bay? i don`t really want to drill a hole in my roof to get the wires in so does anyone else have any suggestions?

Is the light-bar permanent or dismountable?

If dismountable, I would run a heavy-duty twin-cable to the lights through the open passenger window from a heavy-duty switchable socket under the dash. I would mount the relay behind the switch and drill a hole through the bulkhead to the engine compartment.to connect to the battery.

If permanent, why wouldn't you drill a hole in the roof? - surely you would have to drill the roof to fit the light-bar.

Thereafter I would run the cable under the roof-lining and down the front door pillar to the dashboard switch and relay as above.

I hope that this helps

First of all don't drill a hole in the firewall, use the ones that are there already and are grommeted for your convenience at the factory, bonnet release catch Bowden cable, throttle cables or wires...endless options without drilling more. Other than that the A-pillar route sounds good and you could put an intermediate ip65 or similar plug so you can disconnect the light bar and remove at will.

The light pod is self adhesive hence why I don't want to drill a hole in the roof.

I'm thinking my only choice is to try and get it down under the rubber trim around the windscreen which is going to be a pig and a very tight gap for the wires involved otherwise it's putting it between the door and the frame and I'm concerned closing the door on the wires could pinch them.

post-16509-0-32677200-1413988747_thumb.jpg

You could put the wires through the door loom and up through the dead space in door to A pillar area. Rubbers should be forgiving enough and not stress the wires. The door electrics might be a pain behind the kick panel to access and thread through as most are connectors to make door removal easy. Without drilling in roof bar area to keep things hidden the installation will always look a bit rough but easily reversible.