410 load

Assuming your .410 is tightly choked like nearly every other .410 in existence, 16g of #7 will do the job nicely.

#8 will limit you to about 30-35 yards and #6 and larger shot will make the pattern suffer - unacceptably in my book. I don't use anything larger than #7 in a .410. The above combination should do to 40 yards.

If you're happy to limit the range of your shots a bit, a #7½ or #8 may work better for you - in the end it's about how you shoot and how close you can persuade the birds to come to you and striking the balance based on that.

Edited by neutron619

as for choke i can play about with it as its a multi choke gun but like you say the 410 performs better with a tight choke.

I have found a recipe for the 73mm hull that i have using psb powder and 16gram with a rto finish but was unsure what shot size in the 73-76mm 6.5 to 7.5 is looking Favorited at the moment

Nothing over 35yards and far better is keeping things under 30 yards. Pattern plates don't tell lies and lucky three pellet strikes cannot be relied upon. I have seen clays cracked into three or four bits at prodigious range but for DRT kills you need to respect its limitations and learn to enjoy those limits not stretch them IMO.

Using a .410 like a 12 is like trying to tow a caravan with a city car

Nothing over 35yards and far better is keeping things under 30 yards. Pattern plates don't tell lies and lucky three pellet strikes cannot be relied upon. I have seen clays cracked into three or four bits at prodigious range but for DRT kills you need to respect its limitations and learn to enjoy those limits not stretch them IMO.

Using a .410 like a 12 is like trying to tow a caravan with a city car

lol it depends how big your caravan is Aid Edmonson pulled his with a little mini :lol::lol:

i shot 28 bore for 8-9 years and have shot a 410 husher for a while but i never bought any cartridges for it or reloaded any as it came with 500 and the i had 300 handed to me but they were all the same shot size #6 and had some cracking kills with them. But now i am loading my own i have more choice of shot size as i like #5 but i know the pattern is going to be sparse and possibly very gappy so i would sooner drop down in shot size and have a fuller pattern.

I just thought that i would get the pw small bore massive opinion :good:

Powder too fast look for some sp3 21 gram loads

Deershooter

I tried psb3 and techna N in 16 gram both ripped the end off the cartridge

Deershooter

Iv not got any powder as yet for the 410 but when i went and got some more psb2 i picked a data sheet up and noticed that there was a 16g 410 load that looked good on paper !!!

good speed and reasonable pressure @ 668 bar

as for choke i can play about with it as its a multi choke gun but like you say the 410 performs better with a tight choke.

I have found a recipe for the 73mm hull that i have using psb powder and 16gram with a rto finish but was unsure what shot size in the 73-76mm 6.5 to 7.5 is looking Favorited at the moment

I disagree regarding .410 performing better with a tight choke, I personally think 1/4 is ideal with heavier loads in .410 full choke is too tight. I would go for 19g no7.5 through 1/4-1/2