Browning ds chokes vs teugue chokes

Shooterluke

Total coincidence but i patterned a Teague half choke today in my 725.

No pellet counting or anything, just shot the pattern plate and the pattern was a bit tighter than the Browning half, but i was expecting that.

Not a very scientific answer to your question i'm afraid, just observation.

Theory is is less deformation with teagues so fewer flyers, hence pattern looks tighter or so I am told....

I know the blurb on their website says that they taper for the length of the choke, so a smoother transition and hence less damaged pellets. The DS chokes are long and taper the full length too, so I expect it is much of a muchness.

The reason I got them is that I wanted two half's in my gun and I regularly rest the muzzle on my foot between shots and thought the extended choke saves the end of the barrel potentially getting scratched and the teague ones were most cost effective.

I understand that the Teague half is a greater constriction than the Browning half and the pattern looked a little denser, but no science was employed other than shooting the plate. I don't expect to be changing chokes again, what's in it can stay in it now, even for the odd round of skeet that I shoot I will stick with the same.

I no am going to get shouted at buy some of you but a suppose had only buy **** with the money so got my self 2 skeet 2 light mod an one mod teugues (better than me buying cigs ) or some other form of ****.i got all extended might get a light 3/4 to next week (bit of gun bling ) oh and plus even though i have never patterned the browning chokes i dont have much confidence in them least with me reading teugue threads least it will give my confidence a little boost

Not quite answering OP but I did lots of comparison between Invector v Teague.......I concluded that both were so similar as to be irrelevant,but the tegues I really took a shine to were 3/8 & 5/8ths and as these were slightly different to invector options(at that time) I now use only invector 1/4 and teague 3/8ths for all sporting clays/woodpigeons etc.I have only ever bothered to change when going on mega high bird driven days......I tested clay shells and 30g 6s clear pigeon at the time,got extremely bored of counting holes.........as an older *** now I am firmly of the opinion that choke is really quite unimportant except perhaps at the extremes ie skeet/cylinder for skeet & lots of choke for 50 yarders on game.all 50 yarder clays can be broken by 1/4 but as we all know only 1 or 2 pellets needed to break a clay..

So if you want after market to massively improve what you currently have I think pointless,if you want/need a complimentary choke that you do not have then Teague do do good chokes......hope this waffle helps and perhaps saves you 'counting holes'!...

I am firmly of the opinion that choke is really quite unimportant except perhaps at the extremes ie skeet/cylinder for skeet & lots of choke for 50 yarders on game.

So if you want after market to massively improve what you currently have I think pointless,if you want/need a complimentary choke that you do not have then Teague do do good chokes......hope this waffle helps and perhaps saves you 'counting holes'!...

Agree. Standard chokes are more than suitable, unless you need the alternative. ie my gun came with skt, cyl, imp cyl(1/4), mod(1/2), and imp mod(3/4). So for DTL i purchased a Teague Full.