Waiting time on hampshire

adi786

Hi Guys,
I have applied for my SGC for first time, the application was sent via recorded delivery on 28/08 Hampshire firearms department received it, after like 6-8 weeks waiting i got a phone call from my FAO and he visited me on 13/10 was a very friendly FAO and explained things to me, went through some questioning, and told me he canot give me any days etc it'll take for my license to be receive in post.

I thought the wait is more for the first term i..e w hen you apply and wait for FAO to visit you, didnt knew there's another wait after interview aswell. I am in basingstoke, any idea how long will this roughly take now? Quite keen to get it soonish :). Rang firearms office and been told they have recruited few more guys and they are going through some backlog, Any one here got recent experience related processing time after itnerview?

Thanks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I have applied for my SGC for first time, the application was sent via recorded delivery on 28/08 Hampshire firearms department received it, after like 6-8 weeks waiting i got a phone call from my FAO and he visited me on 13/10 was a very friendly FAO and explained things to me, went through some questioning, and told me he canot give me any days etc it'll take for my license to be receive in post.

I thought the wait is more for the first term i..e w hen you apply and wait for FAO to visit you, didnt knew there's another wait after interview aswell. I am in basingstoke, any idea how long will this roughly take now? Quite keen to get it soonish :). Rang firearms office and been told they have recruited few more guys and they are going through some backlog, Any one here got recent experience related processing time after itnerview?

Thanks.

I'm in Basingstoke to, was it Pete that came to see you?

I'm in Basingstoke to, was it Pete that came to see you?

Hi bisondan, yup it was pete, where about in basingstoke are ya mate

Yeh i spoke with my FOC he said he can't give me any dates but roughly he said it'll take around end of nov or xmas time.... hope they be quick, i know they have recruited few people so the process might get bit quicker now.

Hi bisondan, yup it was pete, where about in basingstoke are ya mate Yeh i spoke with my FOC he said he can't give me any dates but roughly he said it'll take around end of nov or xmas time.... hope they be quick, i know they have recruited few people so the process might get bit quicker now.

I'm just out the back of the train station.

Pete did my FAC about a year a go and I think I got lucky as it took about a month from me posting the application, to him visiting me, clearing the land and the certificate landing on my doorstep.

I'm just out the back of the train station.

Pete did my FAC about a year a go and I think I got lucky as it took about a month from me posting the application, to him visiting me, clearing the land and the certificate landing on my doorstep.

Yeh you must be lucky, for me nto sure how long, hope i get some of urs luck this time, ah kool you not that far from me, am @winterther way 3-4 mint to train station.

I'm also in Basingstoke. I think it was about a week or two after the visit that he dropped the SGC round himself, as I hadn't installed the gun safe at the time of the interview.

Renewal at the beginning of the year on the other hand was very quick. less than a week between me sending it, to me receiving the renewal through the door!

Hopefully you'll not have too long a wait!

Cheers

Hayden

Thanks mate, yeh hope i get it as soon as possible, just wanted it in my hands as soon as possible, when did ya apply for your, just bit scared of the rough estimate officer game me, which is around xmas time i'll get as they really busy, if not received this week am thinking to give them a ring on next monday, hope it wont **** them off? Will try to meet ya and bisondan some day, as i haven't got any partners here, my friends who i used to go with are mostly @Up north areass 3-4 hours drive for me. :)

Thanks mate, yeh hope i get it as soon as possible, just wanted it in my hands as soon as possible, when did ya apply for your, just bit scared of the rough estimate officer game me, which is around xmas time i'll get as they really busy, if not received this week am thinking to give them a ring on next monday, hope it wont **** them off? Will try to meet ya and bisondan some day, as i haven't got any partners here, my friends who i used to go with are mostly @Up north areass 3-4 hours drive for me. :)

I applied for my FAC about this time last year.

I think I got it fairly quickly as I already had a SGC and they were happy that I have a good reason for possession.

What sort of shooting are you doing?

Wow, that is a long time to wait. I'd probably give it a couple of weeks if he's said it'd be nearer Christmas.

I got my SGC 5 years ago I, and the renewal was at the beginning of the year.

I know it's a long wait, but once you've got the licence, you'll be able to enjoy it for many years.

Cheers

Hayden

I applied for my FAC about this time last year.

I think I got it fairly quickly as I already had a SGC and they were happy that I have a good reason for possession.

What sort of shooting are you doing?

Hi mate, yeh the main reason was same i.e. they have less employees few of them retired and the way they work is different, i.e. they cannot recruit new employees untill the current one's resign or retired. So there is no period where a handover can be done hence further details, they have recruited around 5 more people and have started processing applications.

I do more of woodies, wildfowl, pheasents, what about yourself.

Hi mate, yeh the main reason was same i.e. they have less employees few of them retired and the way they work is different, i.e. they cannot recruit new employees untill the current one's resign or retired. So there is no period where a handover can be done hence further details, they have recruited around 5 more people and have started processing applications.

I do more of woodies, wildfowl, pheasents, what about yourself.

75% of my shooting is clays the other is rabbits and crows.

ah sprea

Well posted my 1-2-1 variation on monday, it landed 2nd class on my mat friday, to work hampshire less than a week turn around :)

Hi, COngrats was it a fresh application for SGC? not sure when am gonna receive mine, interview and cabinet was checked on 13th and FAO confirmed that he will authorise them. Can you give more details to ur application please. hope i be lucky as you.

Rang them couple of days back, and they said my report from FAO hasn't been attacked as yet, said that is the next step i.e. when your turn comes up they will see a FAO report attached to my applicatoin, didnt make sense to me much, i thought when FAO has done interview etc he sends reprot back which straightway gets attached to your'e file, but according to what they said feels like when you're turn comes up someone go through you're application find respective FAO report and attach it to you're file? Not sure how long more wait is there for me, send application initially in August,

Take a deep breath and exhale , it can and does take months , and I MEAN MONTHS.

The firearms department can only go as fast as they can and for your own sanity PLEASE don't hold your breath.

P.S. I have now been waiting 33 weeks for a coterminous grant !!!!!!

I am really glad I live in Norfolk , The team here are brilliant .

They sent me the SGC renewal forms and said fill them in we'll be in touch soon.

About a month later the FEO called to arrange an appointment . She came round a few days later ,had the usual chat and I asked about getting an FAC , I showed her the land - should be no problem she says .

She filled in the form for me and said I should hear back in about 3 weeks .

"3 DAYS" later I recieved my SGC and a shiney new FAC :good:

I am really glad I live in Norfolk , The team here are brilliant .

They sent me the SGC renewal forms and said fill them in we'll be in touch soon.

About a month later the FEO called to arrange an appointment . She came round a few days later ,had the usual chat and I asked about getting an FAC , I showed her the land - should be no problem she says .

She filled in the form for me and said I should hear back in about 3 weeks .

"3 DAYS" later I recieved my SGC and a shiney new FAC :good:

agree, lucky you mate, in hampshire it's worst

Take a deep breath and exhale , it can and does take months , and I MEAN MONTHS.

The firearms department can only go as fast as they can and for your own sanity PLEASE don't hold your breath.

P.S. I have now been waiting 33 weeks for a coterminous grant !!!!!!

Lol mate i just :) reading your post. Hopefully things will pickup as they said they have recruited 4-5 new people who're trained now and has started to pick up pile of backlog.

Hopefully will get my turn soon, have you applied for SGC as well and is it a renewel or first time, may i know when you sent your application etc. Thanks :)