geese

rubyred

Well a rabbits head is not much bigger than a Goode's head I can hit rabbits in the head a 100 yards so why not a goose.

If I see a rabbit with a 12" neck with such a range of movement as a goose I shall certainly want to kill it (just to remove it from the gene pool) but I shall respect the limitations of hitting it with a good clean shot at 100 as too much unless its actually stuffed and mounted. Also a goose is a lot easier to wound 14lb bird over a 2-3 lb mammal bit of a cavernous difference.

Well a rabbits head is not much bigger than a Goose's head I can hit rabbits in the head a 100 yards so why not a goose.

They move about a lot more than a rabbit.

At that range I would go for the top of the breast/neck, either 17hmr or small cf.

would geese not be covered under pest control ?

Not in my area

If they are Canada Geese they are on the general licence and can be shot anytime as pests.

I suggest you might want to actually acquaint yourself with the GL terms as regards the wording of that as conditions applies to all the GL listed birds, speaking to police Wildlife crime officers the other week it seems they have been spoken with at some length about the GL and possible mis - use of it

If they are Canada Geese they are on the general licence and can be shot anytime as pests.

I suggest you might want to actually acquaint yourself with the GL terms as regards the wording of that as conditions applies to all the GL listed birds, speaking to police Wildlife crime officers the other week it seems they have been spoken with at some length about the GL and possible mis - use of it

You are playing with words kent, comply with the GL and you can Shoot Canadas any time.

Hi is it lawful to head shoot geese that are doing crop damage with a 22lr as cannot get close with shotgun as they are dropping in the middle of field

The simple answer is yes, the details and the technicalities can take pages.

...and as others have mentioned a rabbit is not a Canada!

:good:

Hi Dekers in fairness, I think that is what kent was saying. You have to understand the GL and shoot within any constraints. As you said in compliance with the GL.

re-reading I see where you may be are coming from......malantones post could possibly have been misinterpreted!

I guess that's why I posted, and you posted! :good:

Hi Dekers in fairness, I think that is what kent was saying. You have to understand the GL and shoot within any constraints. As you said in compliance with the GL.

Correct, I seriously feel moves are happening behind the scenes. The GL is widely mis-used by the ill informed, watch this space