rotweill Cartridges

In short; ****** RUAG.

This outfit is the importer/distributor and in my view are useless. With possibly the one exception to prove the rule, if you check them out you'll find a list of 'stockists' throughout the UK. Just try and find one from a cast of thousands that actually does. RUAG don't seem at all interested in selling these superb cartridges - they were really very popular some years back (I suspect RUAG weren't involved at that time) as quite a few folk on here will testify.

I use the Special 12F; 2.5mm for pigeon and 2.7mm for rook and pheasant. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford them as I don't shoot as much as I used to now, but even when I was more active, I'd make the effort to find the readies from somewhere. I won't give a price as I bought a load a while back and things might have changed. Having said that the starting price on the web-site is still as it was then. The one definite place from where you can get them will be by carrier and compared to, say, Just Cartridges (and no, they don't), is a tad+ pricey.

Google, Rottweil Cartridges and scroll down until you hit 'World Sporting'.As a bonus, they're nice people to deal with.

PS I know there's a new post and I bet someone has found loads of outlets. :sad1:

Edit Spelling

Edited by wymberley

I used to use nothing but rotweill. iirc 30g 6s (which were uk5). They were fantastic but a little harder on the shoulder than most. Then I got hold of some eley cheap followed by loading my own but nothing else has come close to the rotweills, they just seemed that bit more vicious :sad1:

Were those the green cased Mark 2 (I think they were called or the brown cased Game 32 (I think they were called)? I had no problem with the latter through the little XXV. Not surprisingly, I'm having no problems with the Special 12F through the Maxus and have literally 3 Grand Prix to use before I try these in the XXV.

• 2 weeks later...

Were those the green cased Mark 2 (I think they were called or the brown cased Game 32 (I think they were called)? I had no problem with the latter through the little XXV. Not surprisingly, I'm having no problems with the Special 12F through the Maxus and have literally 3 Grand Prix to use before I try these in the XXV.

They were green, that's about all I can remember I'm afraid - p.i.t.a to find in the grass after my auto had chucked them out :lol:

I bought 500 rotweill 36 grm 7shot from a local to me dealer.i would have to say they are an evil cartridge kick like a mule even through an auto.i will be glad when they are gone.the dealer I got them from can get others but I feel it would be to far for you just for cartridges.

The best crow cartridge I ever had, and were OK when fired through my Beretta semi-auto. I used to call them green meanies, and they used to shred crows like nothing else.

Are they still available, as if so where? I bought them from a shop at Richmond in Yorkshire.

The best crow cartridge I ever had, and were OK when fired through my Beretta semi-auto. I used to call them green meanies, and they used to shred crows like nothing else.

Are they still available, as if so where? I bought them from a shop at Richmond in Yorkshire.

Yes, in as much as they're still in production. Our problem is what's available here. TBH, I wouldn't bother with the 36s, the 32 Special Fs do just as well for me. These are the 'basic' line but Rottweil say that they've kept the standard up on the shot. They have; I've opened some up to see just what I'd bought and I have to say it doesn't come much better.

I have just tried them in the little sbs though and as previously mentioned, at 61/4lbs and 21/2" chambers it's not enough gun. A medium weight OU should handle them though.

As regards where to get them, the only place I know for sure is detailed at Post #5.