1 pigeon was worth 25 corvids

steveyg

Arrived at my perm at 6.15 and it was blowing a right gale,decided to set up with the wood behind me to give some cover. There was a few corvids about however they were staying really high and not committing to the pattern,changed the two patterns of crows into one and it seemed to make a difference. Took the pigeon decoys in and again it seemed to help. Had a couple of nice doubles which put a smile on my face and the bag was building steadily however no pigeons.. :sad1: . Out of know where a pigeon came in like a spitfire,it was really moving and by the time I had seen it,it must of been 30 mtrs away.got up swung through and kept swinging hard and gave it some serious lead then pulled the trigger and it dropped like a lead balloon...I couldn't believe I nailed it.. my best shot ever by a country mile.. :good:

Finished on 25 corvids and a pigeon..a cracking mornings sport.

the one pigeon was worth 25 corvids.. :yes:

post-63989-0-18215100-1413727561_thumb.jpg

Edited by steveyg

fenboy you must have had a day when you shot the one and only fantastic pigeon ????? iv'e had one, more than once. ....kenbo

I am not demeaning stevies efforts , its just a bit of a ongoing joke , he seems to have taken it as intended.

But since you ask , no I have never shot the one and only fantastic pigeon because I do not set up in situations that are not likely to yield a few birds.

That is not having a pop at those that do , but after more than 30 years shooting them I am long past the stage where I will sit out all day for little or nothing.

Stevie is new to the sport and very keen still and good luck to him , but it will wear off sooner or later.

I am not demeaning stevies efforts , its just a bit of a ongoing joke , he seems to have taken it as intended.

But since you ask , no I have never shot the one and only fantastic pigeon because I do not set up in situations that are not likely to yield a few birds.

That is not having a pop at those that do , but after more than 30 years shooting them I am long past the stage where I will sit out all day for little or nothing.

Stevie is new to the sport and very keen still and good luck to him , but it will wear off sooner or later.

no offense intended or taken...just a bit of banter.. :good: