Antis - anyone had trouble this season?

Had a bunch try to disrupt us on Saturday. Had to get police after them as they verbally abused a young lass picking up with her mum. On the brighter side as they came screaming along a footpath we tend to avoid as it runs alongside another big shoot they push 2 big copies of partridges into our cover crop. The two guns backing towards the scum then shot 19 and 15 birds giving the scum a good view of our sport! This lot of scum are very active in Norfolk/Suffolk and I've seen the ring-leaders several times - quite upset my wife earlier this year when they staged a demo outside a local bookies against the Grand National.

Anyone else had issues with this lot? Their leader live in Geldeston.

Had a spot of trouble with some antis about 10 years ago after a days shooting on a friends land,they were really abusive while we were locking the guns up in the cars. when their verbal had zero effect on us they donned balaclavas and decided to get physical.they lost.and never came back.

Guest cookoff013

Had a bunch try to disrupt us on Saturday. Had to get police after them as they verbally abused a young lass picking up with her mum. On the brighter side as they came screaming along a footpath we tend to avoid as it runs alongside another big shoot they push 2 big copies of partridges into our cover crop. The two guns backing towards the scum then shot 19 and 15 birds giving the scum a good view of our sport! This lot of scum are very active in Norfolk/Suffolk and I've seen the ring-leaders several times - quite upset my wife earlier this year when they staged a demo outside a local bookies against the Grand National.

you could always record them being abusive. plob shouldnt refuse evidence...

Very nasty characters if they are hunt sabs. Be very careful, they know the law inside out, they will push and push to get a reaction then use video evidence to get you in court. Just put your guns in the slips and walk away, pack in for the day if need be. They are much more interested in giving hunts grief but will disrupt a shoot if they can on their days out. Luckily they tend not to come back to a shoot whereas they can plague a hunt all season.

If it's the 2 I'm thinking of, did they follow you with a megaphone and video camera? Their always don't this,they are a right pain in the ****, **** all better to do with themselves than try and ruin everyone's day.

When they used to follow our convoy of trucks and beaters wagon we would go to another part of the shoot that was away from the public roads.

I think most people in this part of the world know who they are. I've encountered them 4/5 times in the last few years when out shooting. On Saturdays they have spotters on most roads in Sth Norfolk/Nth Suffolk and summon up forces very quickly. Got a load of abuse when roost shooting a couple of years ago - unlucky that the Waveney Harriers were on the estate at the same time. We finished with drives away from the main roads soon further disruption. As there was quite a few of them we think another shoot probably got their attentions later that day. Their favourite game is trying to disrupt hare shots on big estates - there are a few items on YouTube posted by this lot of scum.

The duck shoot where I was at the weekend have a major problem with the anti's got speaking to the keeper and he was telling us that they have smashed his pens up and that ****** that up cus all the birds were out to early they have smashed his feeders up and when they have duck flights they will come and stand around the ponds and infront of the hides they have all so had the cull of badgers on this farm as well so the antis were there in the evenings as well so this season every time they have shoot they hire security they are a nitemare

We had an extremely upsetting encounter with an anti today.

Our gunbus and beater's trailer were parked on a country lane opposite a row of cottages. A lady was stood in the doorway of her cottage filming us on her mobile and pretending to make calls. She gave us such a terrible gaze that I had to shield my eyes from her stare. :|

We had an extremely upsetting encounter with an anti today.

Our gunbus and beater's trailer were parked on a country lane opposite a row of cottages. A lady was stood in the doorway of her cottage filming us on her mobile and pretending to make calls. She gave us such a terrible gaze that I had to shield my eyes from her stare. :|

Grab a camcorder and film them back!

Thankfully, I haven't seen much Anti-action up here in Cumbria.

I have a question though: why on earth aren't these people just stumped by simple trespass laws?

If you are having a shoot on a private estate or farm, how can they get anywhere near you?

I'm aware of the 'right to roam' laws but that only covers around 8% of all land private estates and farmland are off limits.

A lot of them are purely mental and look like they need sectioning.

Why don't they pop down to their local chicken processing plant and give them hell instead. It's a lot worse there... squirming chickens being picked up by their feet and hung on hooks on a conveyor on the way to death...
Sat in their own faeces for a long time giving them burns and stuff...

But instead they mope about with a mega phone stopping more humane shooting happen.

A lot of them are purely mental and look like they need sectioning.

Why don't they pop down to their local chicken processing plant and give them hell instead. It's a lot worse there... squirming chickens being picked up by their feet and hung on hooks on a conveyor on the way to death...

Sat in their own faeces for a long time giving them burns and stuff...

But instead they mope about with a mega phone stopping more humane shooting happen.

At least it gives them an outing in the fresh air while they are waiting for their next dole payment. Also they can,t get the agro at the football matches so easily as the police are already there.

Mary Rose and son?

Can I suggest that if you know who they are and where they live, that you post a couple of well built beaters, armed with camcorder, in a vehicle outside their property. As soon as they come out to play, start filming them. Make sure any vehicles used and registration numbers are recorded. Make sure your 'beaters' are in no way armed (including pocket knives) and are well instructed to AVOID confrontation, if at all possible. Record all of their movements and if they enter onto private land and it is feared that there may be an 'aggravated tresspass' ie:- disruption to a legal activity. Call for the Police and film EVERYTHING. Should the incident then go to Court, you will have all of the evidence that the Police require. If the Police fail to respond or are not helpful towards you, you may wish to take out a private injunction against those responsible.

Can I suggest that if you know who they are and where they live, that you post a couple of well built beaters, armed with camcorder, in a vehicle outside their property. As soon as they come out to play, start filming them. Make sure any vehicles used and registration numbers are recorded. Make sure your 'beaters' are in no way armed (including pocket knives) and are well instructed to AVOID confrontation, if at all possible. Record all of their movements and if they enter onto private land and it is feared that there may be an 'aggravated tresspass' ie:- disruption to a legal activity. Call for the Police and film EVERYTHING. Should the incident then go to Court, you will have all of the evidence that the Police require. If the Police fail to respond or are not helpful towards you, you may wish to take out a private injunction against those responsible.

I am not sure that "well built beaters" and "avoid confrontation" actually goes together, the implications in your advice seems evident to me.

Also, I would not have thought the authorities would be that impressed with anyone sitting outside someone's house filming their movements in public places.

Filming anyone on private property, where they have no right to be makes sense, but the suggestion to telephone the police immediately makes the most sense.

I think we should ensure that we do not make ourselves as bad as the people we are complaining about.

Personally I think Rob from the F&D did the job just right with managing an anti, her video footage later led to her prosecution, now awaiting sentence

Here's the topic

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/274068-annoying-anti-woman/

Get a video camera and carry on doing what your legally entitled to do, don't let it get messy

Here's the outcome

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/297067-singing-fox-lady-in-court/?fromsearch=1

Edited by Paul223